Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are in the Tidewater area and want more than a purchase don't go to RK Chevrolet/Buick/Subaru.

I've gone back to them to see if anything has changed over an 8 and a half year period.
Sales lied to me in '02 saying SOA was knocking off $1,000 off MSRP, Roughton (Perry now) said "No that is wrong, it is $2,000 off MSRP."

Service Dept. has lied and been unfriendly the whole time, even with different managers. I like to do my own work when possible, the manager will not help with my questions except to say bring it in.

Parts, is slow enough to watch your nails grow with nothing interesting to look at in the mean time.

Why do I keep going back? To abuse their cars, look and the next nearest dealer is 15 miles furtherer away. Sure I am whining, most of you don't have 2 dealers within a half hour of your home.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
I've got 3 within 20 minutes... :8:

Do you need parts/maintenance so often that you have to deal with those guys this frequently?

I'd say just go to the other dealer, or at least tell the bad dealer that you are considering it. That should make them pause for a little while at least.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I feel your pain Subie Finn. I have three dealers within 20 miles myself. I bought a Subaru at two of them, and get parts strictly through the closest one. I hate having the closest dealer being the least friendly and helpful. Luckily the closest one to me (Beardmore Subaru) is my favorite. Brian

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
gresham/nissan subaru

parts dept sux! I asked the parts kid for a replacement driving lamp for an '03 outback he gave me an H3 !!! It's an HB4 what a dumbass! I truly believe old mechanics should be parts people! I am a mechanic so I know! The parts dept at Carr subaru is great !quick and helpful even gave me a price break on my optional tweeters!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah i know what you mean,i'm a mechanic also and most of parts people i deal with don't know jack.Sometimes you got to tell them what section to look in to get you what you want.I think its better if you know the product that your selling items for.You just can't hire a young kid to do this type of job without knowing something about what your selling.Motorcycles shops are the worst,they got a bunch of kids that don't even have a clue to where to look for your parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Baja Turbo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing