Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the best way to communicate with sales at Grand Subaru? I emailed a request for a price to order a new Outback and almost immediately received a reply. I then responded with detailed info for a quote but I have not received a reply.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
242 Posts
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I think the first reply is an auto acknowledgement. It took a few days but they got back to me and we finalized things the same day. I suspect they have a lot of email to keep up with especially on weekends. Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
After receiving the initial email, I called which helps a lot with future email communications because you've established an actual relationship beyond text on a screen.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium
20 Posts
Went in there to take a look at a Forester few months ago, it took them 45m to actually get a sales person to help me. That is the the longest I have ever waited to look at a car and its not like there were tons of people there when I walked in... I didn't buy from them.

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX 4WD. 2015 Outback Limited PZEV
25 Posts
I've been in contact with Grand for about 2 1/2 years over quotes and what not. In January I decided to buy a '14 limited OB in Deep Indigo Pearl PZEV with moonroof. If it wasn't for uncertainty in the area of children in our future, I would've purchased the vehicle. I put the in $500 deposit for the vehicle to get there, then backed out with the wife's uncertainty more than anything. I got my money back for the backing out.

I told them I'd be back for the '15 and they've been great the whole time. Both times I talked to them before coming in for a proper test drive. The vehicle was ready for me when I showed up both times. In all honesty, I've spent maybe a total of 75 minutes there and they were great to me.

Understanding that vehicles quoted without being in stock is a realistic possibility, I always give enough lead time. Maybe I'm just used to the internet way of buying (I did the same thing for my '12 CRV at McGrath).

No complaints from me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waiting is over...

After a 1 hour wait, I received an email from Glenn with an "out the door" price. I am amazed at the savings! I am placing my order on Monday along with a deposit. It is well worth the one way airfare from Birmingham, AL, plus I get a few days in the Windy City to boot!

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
597 Posts
After a 1 hour wait, I received an email from Glenn with an "out the door" price. I am amazed at the savings! I am placing my order on Monday along with a deposit. It is well worth the one way airfare from Birmingham, AL, plus I get a few days in the Windy City to boot!
Do tell... what did you get and how much are you paying?

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
They seem to have a hefty internet sales volume. I've noticed they either respond nearly immediately, or it took a few days. I presume their volume is rather high.

Don't be afraid to email back or call. I've only used their service dept, but I have no issues with Grand.

·
Registered
00 Outback wagon 03 VDC wagon 18 Touring 3.6 white
412 Posts
They were great with me also. Was looking at a Forester to replace the 00 Outback but decided to go another way (wife wanted a RAV, I always choose our cars but I gave in this time) but I would have bought from Grand otherwise. One thing to note is they do not collect tax for your state. You have to pay it as a lump sum when you get your title, so you can't roll it into the loan.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,929 Posts
I then responded with detailed info for a quote but I have not received a reply.
After a 1 hour wait, I received an email from Glenn with an "out the door" price.
I think your expectation was unrealistic. You were asking for an exact, binding price quote on a custom configuration. A 1-hour response is excellent service. I personally would not expect better than next-day response to a request like that. Even car salesman have days off, and those assigned to Internet/fleet sales are usually working with more than one customer at a time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be clear, I had no expectation, and I am certainly not complaining about a one hour wait time for a response! My original question was only out of curiosity of what others experienced. I am very pleased with my experience with Grand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Model Code: FDF
Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access & Start + Navigation + Eye Sight)
CVT (Automatic Transmission)
Factory Installed Options
Body Side Molding
Rear Bumper Cover
Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror with Approach Light & Blind Spot Detection
Remote Engine Starter – Smart Engine Start
Splash Guards
Trailer Hitch
Alloy Wheel Locks
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector
Valve Stem Caps – Subaru Star Cluster

MSRP $35,883
Invoice $32,891

Selling Price $31,603
Only Additional OUT OF STATE Fees:
$166.27 Documentary Fee
$50 30-Day Out of State Drive Away
Sales Tax (Depending on State you live in)

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
597 Posts
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Model Code: FDF
Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access & Start + Navigation + Eye Sight)
CVT (Automatic Transmission)
Factory Installed Options
Body Side Molding
Rear Bumper Cover
Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror with Approach Light & Blind Spot Detection
Remote Engine Starter – Smart Engine Start
Splash Guards
Trailer Hitch
Alloy Wheel Locks
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector
Valve Stem Caps – Subaru Star Cluster

MSRP $35,883
Invoice $32,891

Selling Price $31,603
Only Additional OUT OF STATE Fees:
$166.27 Documentary Fee
$50 30-Day Out of State Drive Away
Sales Tax (Depending on State you live in)
That is a good price. Congrats! When is your estimated delivery date? I had to wait at Grand too for about 30 minutes, plus I had an appointment. It was an annoying wait, but worth it at the end. No nonsense and best prices right at the start.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Premium
373 Posts
I think your expectation was unrealistic. You were asking for an exact, binding price quote on a custom configuration. A 1-hour response is excellent service. I personally would not expect better than next-day response to a request like that.
Agreed 100%. I was pretty surprised when I found out she'd waited less than an hour before making the original post.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5 premium Ice Silver/Black
29 Posts
I am glad to hear positive things about Grand. I placed an order on 11/13/14 for an outback 2.5i premium with eyesight. The best price around by over a thousand dollars. Most other dealers don't even believe the pricing.

Anyone have any surprises when they completed the transaction? My only issue is the time it is taking to get it, I still dont have a VIN nor an estimated arrival date.

Other dealers seem to have some outbacks in stock that I am interested in, but none are coming within $1500 of Grand Subaru's deal. How do they do it? Anyone have issues with delivery times.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium 2.5 wilderness green EyeSight
199 Posts
Grand was my best price quote too. If I was able to fly there to get the car I would have done it, but I can't leave here. Shipping was going to be $1200, which would have eaten my savings, so I went with the second best deal with shipping at half the price, and still came out ahead compared to all the in-state dealers.

·
Registered
2015 2.5l Premium
24 Posts
I am glad to hear positive things about Grand. I placed an order on 11/13/14 for an outback 2.5i premium with eyesight. The best price around by over a thousand dollars. Most other dealers don't even believe the pricing.

Anyone have any surprises when they completed the transaction? My only issue is the time it is taking to get it, I still dont have a VIN nor an estimated arrival date.

Other dealers seem to have some outbacks in stock that I am interested in, but none are coming within $1500 of Grand Subaru's deal. How do they do it? Anyone have issues with delivery times.
I ordered mine at Grand on 9/11/14 and picked it up on 12/13/14. I received the vin# after 9 weeks and with the est. arrival date on 12/2/14. At the end, Grand received the car on 12/8/14.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered mine at Grand on 9/11/14 and picked it up on 12/13/14. I received the vin# after 9 weeks and with the est. arrival date on 12/2/14. At the end, Grand received the car on 12/8/14.
Are you happy you waited and bought through grand? What did they tell you in Sept about wait time?

·
Registered
2015 2.5l Premium
24 Posts
Are you happy you waited and bought through grand? What did they tell you in Sept about wait time?
I have the car for four days and I am liking it so far. I ordered a 2.5i Premium with hitch and auto-dimming mirrors as the only options. I tend to keep my cars til for a long time so I omitted all the fancy options. I was not in need of a car so the wait was not a problem.

I was pre-approved with my loan through the Subaru/Chase website so I only spent an hour at Grand when I went picking up my car. Overall, it was the easiest car buying experience ever (last time I bought a new car was in 2005). Everything was done through emails and phone calls.

When I placed my order, the sales person told me the wait is about 8 - 10 weeks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the car for four days and I am liking it so far. I ordered a 2.5i Premium with hitch and auto-dimming mirrors as the only options. I tend to keep my cars til for a long time so I omitted all the fancy options. I was not in need of a car so the wait was not a problem.

I was pre-approved with my loan through the Subaru/Chase website so I only spent an hour at Grand when I went picking up my car. Overall, it was the easiest car buying experience ever (last time I bought a new car was in 2005). Everything was done through emails and phone calls.

When I placed my order, the sales person told me the wait is about 8 - 10 weeks.
Thanks for your input, you helped reconfirm Grand is the right place to buy and I just need to be patient. I am just shocked that other dealers can't come close to their prices (like within $1500)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts