Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have insight on what incentives dealers may have from Subaru corporate to move new 2012 outback and legacy inventory?

I know they need to move these cars, but want to have some legitimate info to run with before we start the process next week to get my wife new wheels

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
For what it's worht, make sure you drive the 2013. It might be worth the extra $ for you. Typically dealers will move under invoice fro "late model" new cars.

Edmunds.com is a decent resource about what people are paying on average, of course it's always possible most people are over paying.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I wasn't aware there were any leftovers.
Add a discount of one year of depreciation in addition to other incentives and discounts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are you sure you can even find one at this point, equipped the way you want?

If anything's left will likely be an ugly color, with stupid options. Like a Premium with Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade. The cars that no one wants.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I guess it depends on where you live, there are 11 outbacks near me, all normal options and in silver/blue/black and such.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far I seem to see a few 2012 left around in the NE area. I really hope these dealers are ready to unload them and I am hoping for at least few grand below invoice. Ideally 7k off MSRP is my lofty goal. Let's see how this plays out, but honestly any dealer should do what they can to get the 2012 off the lot in light of the recent 2013 improvements.

·
Registered
166 Posts
On a 2012 $30K+ car, I don't think $7K off sticker is that unreasonable. The thing with buying cars is to know the price you're willing to pay before you ever walk onto a car lot. Never be too hungry; salespeople can sense it. I go in, test drive, act interested but a bit distracted, and before the salesman can offer me his card, I give him mine with my OTD offer on the back. "Call me."

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike,

I live in Northern NJ. So far I have spent plenty of time looking at all the NY/NJ dealers and the best I can come up with is 2800 of the MSRP, even for the remaining 2012 models. I have owned many cars, and Subaru doesn't seem to budge on sell price like other manufacturers.

I will be trading in my 11' OB as well and have had trade in quotes in a $ 2,000 difference of each other as well. I'd like to know where folks are really getting deals better than 3k off the MSRP

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mike,

I live in Northern NJ. So far I have spent plenty of time looking at all the NY/NJ dealers and the best I can come up with is 2800 of the MSRP, even for the remaining 2012 models. I have owned many cars, and Subaru doesn't seem to budge on sell price like other manufacturers.

I will be trading in my 11' OB as well and have had trade in quotes in a $ 2,000 difference of each other as well. I'd like to know where folks are really getting deals better than 3k off the MSRP
I live in Jersey too and I was able to get my dealer down to $29,900 (including dest. charges). The MSRP was $32,350 I believe (so about $2,500 off).

According to TrueCar.com I made out slightly better then average so I'm happy with my final price. They have the average price for my exact model and options as $30,230.

I would honestly spring for a 2013 - especially if the difference is only a few hundred dollars extra your getting off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I do go ahead with this I will be going from the Outback to a Legacy 3.6R Limited sedan, not another Outback. If I were looking to stay with an Outback I would go with a 2013 w/o question.

Who knows at this point, my wife should really just finally get comfortable driving a standard transmission. However, I doubt that will happen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Terrapin
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing