Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this? Its very cluttered back there.

I did it on my VW, and it looks good (only left the "TDI"). Im thinking of removing everything but the "3.6R" - or what I leave, blacking out with plasti dip

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
I stripped all of the lettering off both cars. Removing the 6-Star badge from the rear garnish on Frankie required body filler and paint afterward. I left 6-Star on the garnish panel badge on Cherry.

Personally, I like it when someone walks up to Frankie (completely debadged) and all they want to know what the h*ll car she is. I like that, keep them guessing.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I may debadge everything but the 3.6R, and put an LP badge back there under it.

If I can find a single LP badge

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,659 Posts
I've thought it would be funny to debadge it, change the Subaru oval to a Ford Blue Oval and put a Taurus badge on it. After all the grills are very similar.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
16,144 Posts
Think I may debadge everything but the 3.6R, and put an LP badge back there under it.

If I can find a single LP badge
I sprayed Frankie's entire rear gate Matte Black, she's naked except the paint.
I always wanted to get Subaru letters and badge her as

XRTXT

Right side. I never did. Cherry is naked in back save one XRT/Extreme Racing Tuning Decal and the 6-Star medallion. I like the LP idea... I put the BC (BC coil overs) letters on my grill for one of the shows Frankie went to.

·
Master Caster
16,144 Posts
I've thought it would be funny to debadge it, change the Subaru oval to a Ford Blue Oval and put a Taurus badge on it. After all the grills are very similar.
That's for true. I get fooled all the time, the Fords look like Leggy's

·
Registered
2016 2.5 outback limited
166 Posts
i go one further. i belong to both a ford and subaru club. the ford group i tease im gonna pull all the subaru badging and replace it with the ford oval. then put an RS badge. Yep a ford rs station wagon from the uk. ford club chuckles and likes it, subie group thinks ive gone off the deep end.:grin2:

how many people could i mess with... a huge lot of them im sure.

·
Master Caster
16,144 Posts
@Kb3tzt

I like it since the Imprezza 2.5R ..S and Focus RS are both decent tossers. The deep end is the good end.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
I debadged and turned it into the bat wagon :D

Attachments

·
Master Caster
16,144 Posts
I debadged and turned into the bat wagon :D
So ... you are ....BATMAN

Looks way better than a Chrysler 300 with a fake Bentley Grill (very popular combo for whatever reason)

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
Gotta love Lego Batman. I get a lot of looks with my emblem overlays. Kids dig it too.

He is my favorite superhero. Enough to mark up my body over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
I debadged back the second day I owned it.

Has anyone done the sides below the front doors yet?
Been wanting to do the sides but not sure how the lettering is on if it's 1 whole piece or individual letters. Haven't taken a close enough look actually. Was thinking of replacing the word OUTBACK with FLATSIX or something else.

·
Master Caster
16,144 Posts
Holy thread derail. LOL
And @eagleeye wasn't even participating. Sometimes the 2 of us team up, things go off the rails really quickly. I think we have run a few new members off just by accident.

(thread hijack complete)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts