Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, bought my Outback with 90600 miles on it and I've been loving it. Great car for my commute, drive very conservatively and have calculated up to 32 mpg (by trip gauge/gallons, not dash fuel economy).

Something I've been noticing lately is that upon deceleration, sometimes frequently, my Outback seems like its chugging through fake "downshifts", if I press on the gas it then jumps forward before stabilizing to a smooth ride. I'm unsure if this is a common CVT occurrence or if it is a potential problem. The car is 2 months old to me and if it's something I should look into getting taken care of ASAP I would like to know. Hope you guys can help me out. Any information is appreciated!

-MD

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,599 Posts
What you describe is not normal CVT behavior. The good news is that your CVT (including the torque converter) is covered by a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty extension from Subaru. Take your Outback to a dealer ASAP. Even if they don't fix it on the first try, you want the problem documented in Subaru's system while the CVT is still under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts