Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to pass on what I learned from talking with SOA this week. I was told (after about 4 calls to SOA asking for a delivery date) that my Outback would be 10-12 weeks because it is a 3.6L. No explanation was given as to the why compared to the 2.5L. Here is what I assume, this engine must come from Japan and that the delivery pipeline is still not 100%.

My sales person who is a straight shooter called today to give me my delivery date of 1 OCT which he said might slip a day or two or move up a day or two if he can contact the shipping dept which has been able to help before. I ordered the Outback on 21 JUL and was told by SOA this week that unless the dealer had a similar model coming in that they could divert.

Hope this helps you 3.6L Outback folks looking to order one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just wanted to pass on what I learned from talking with SOA this week. I was told (after about 4 calls to SOA asking for a delivery date) that my Outback would be 10-12 weeks because it is a 3.6L. No explanation was given as to the why compared to the 2.5L. Here is what I assume, this engine must come from Japan and that the delivery pipeline is still not 100%.

My sales person who is a straight shooter called today to give me my delivery date of 1 OCT which he said might slip a day or two or move up a day or two if he can contact the shipping dept which has been able to help before. I ordered the Outback on 21 JUL and was told by SOA this week that unless the dealer had a similar model coming in that they could divert.

Hope this helps you 3.6L Outback folks looking to order one.
Thanks! I ordered a 3.6L Outback on July 25 and keep hearing October from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The 3.6 is quite rare as most peeps want/like the 2.5. I was lucky that an in state dealer had the exact car I wanted. Apparently no NAV in the 3.6 Limited is rare too. I just don't care for factory GPS systems as they are out of date the moment the car hits the dealership. My Garmin 276 has done well so far...

·
Banned
238 Posts
I'm almost ready to take bets the 3.6 will be no more in 2015.
I ordered mine 3.6R on June 13th and received it on August 20th.
I don't think that 3.6R is that rare, it's just a customer demand for it overwhelms its production numbers :)
When I talked to Subaru rep, he just confirmed that by saying that their production planning department
underestimated public demand for 3.6R, and they would have to ramp up its production to satisfy it.
I bet, Subaru will retain at least one limited version of 3.6R OB in the future.
I hope, they will improve its MPG with the direct injection as well.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I ordered mine 3.6R on June 13th and received it on August 20th.
I don't think that 3.6R is that rare, it's just a customer demand for it overwhelms its production numbers :)
When I talked to Subaru rep, he just confirmed that by saying that their production planning department
underestimated public demand for 3.6R, and they would have to ramp up its production to satisfy it.
I bet, Subaru will retain at least one limited version of 3.6R OB in the future.
I hope, they will improve its MPG with the direct injection as well.
To further my assumption its that the 3.6 will be replaced by a turbo 2.0. We'll see....

·
Registered
5 Posts
To further my assumption its that the 3.6 will be replaced by a turbo 2.0. We'll see....
I doubt this, for the simple reason people are going to want to tow things with their OB's and there is no replacement for straight up torque...

Regardless I ordered my 3.6 in mid July and received it last week. I didn't get any emails or anything, the dealer just call me one day....

I agree, the 3.6 is not rare. I had an 04 Forester (which was great), but the only reason I went with the OB was for the bigger engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told the exact same thing, 10 - 12 weeks. Our sales guy did say our order was going in on their next allocation going in the very next day. We ordered Aug 7, and it arrived on Sept 4. We were pretty surprised at how fast it came.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Outback arrived today will pick it up tomorrow.
Ordered 21 July
Arrived 24 Sept
Hope this helps those of you waiting on your car or wishing to know the actual amount of time...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my 3.6 on 9/22 and was given an expected delivery date of Nov. 10. The dealer also made it sound like that he was under promising on the date that it shouldn't take even that long so I'm hoping it doesn't get pushed back...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered 21 July and picked it up today 25 Sept. It arrived yesterday but prepped today.
It holds pretty true that it will take 10 weeks unless the dealership has a model close to yours. You might go check and see if they do because the factory will tweak the order for you and the let the dealer get theirs later...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
fun2drive
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing