Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 LL Bean Outback H6 and 2019 Outback Base
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dent in the drivers side rear quarter panel. Its about 1/4 inch deep and the size of a cantalope....

Should I PULL it out with suction ?.......or go from the inside out ?

appreciate your help. I will try to upload photo today

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Try a suction cup that size of a dent should work with the suction cup. I have one that is up high where the crease is behind the rear window near the roof line. Too **** small for a good suction cup which means one of these days when I have time to futz with it I'll be taking the inside plastic panel off to see if there is any slight chance I might fit something in the area to pop it out from the back side.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,972 Posts
If there are no creases, grab a plunger and a bucket.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do a little research first you don't want to be to aggressive you could end up cracking the paint. I've used this technique successfully just do a little homework and common sense. Hope this can be of some use!

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,972 Posts
I know I have, and will be trying that on the large dimple I've turned into a small warble on my hatch. I did the 'paintless' method by using a 1/2" breaker bar handle with a couple of old socks wrapped around the end, then pushed on the back via the holes behind the interior trim. I'm going to gradually try to nudge out some of the various dings on my car using a variety of methods.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That hairdryer compressed air is incredible !!!! Thanks Subyluv..!!!!

I am trying to figure how the heck it works though. Would hate to damage anything when paint is perfect..... Too bad I didnt have an " old" car to practice/ try on....maybe I'll look around at my friends....

Appreciate all the help

Thank you to ALL !!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying to locate a suction cup about a 2 inch diameter...went to pepboys ..nothing !!

Any other places I should check ?

appreciate your help

·
Registered
'03 L L Bean - LOVE IT!!
110 Posts
Hope it can be of help, that's what we are all here for. Good luck!
Subyluv,

I tried this today with no success....however, it was cool here in CT, so I'm wondering if I should have waited? I left the blowdryer on for over a minute, sprayed the air and it did look EXACTLY like the video. Only no pop. :(

Do you think I should have waited until it was warmer? The dent is so smooth, we figured it should have come right out.

And, of course, I did this while my husband wasn't home. If he tries it in a few days and it works.....I'll be annoyed!! ;)

Any suggestions welcome!! Thanks!!

Elle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts