Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have Yokohama Geolanders on your OB, what do you use for detailing both the tyre/tire and raised white lettering ?

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Losiho :D I have got Meguiars Endurance, I guess I need to be careful around the lettering.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pity you guys in Oz do not have Zaino. I use their rubber cleaner. Gives a nice natural rubber look and stays on the rubber.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Personally I do not think Zaino is too expensive. But that is my opinion.

·
Registered
Liberty/Legacy 3.0R spec B
172 Posts
When I had tyres with the raised white lettering, I used to use Armoral (is that how its spelt?) or something similar and then sand paper the white lettering. The sand paper exposes the new white rubber underneath.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Once, I tried using Armor-All on my vinyl bicycle seat.

Once.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
That wasn't a banana seat was it:19: Brian

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Let's just call it a loose motor mount allowing unacceptable degrees of movement under high torque...

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
subah6 said:
When I had tyres with the raised white lettering, I used to use Armoral (is that how its spelt?) or something similar and then sand paper the white lettering. The sand paper exposes the new white rubber underneath.

Thanks subah6 :29: . I'll try the sandpaper trick on my spare (need to replace it anyway) and see how it goes.

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Used the sandpaper on the lettering and I have to say I am very impressed with the results. It cleans the dirt off the lettering and after applying some Endurance the tyres look great. Next time I need to apply the Endurance first then the sandpaper trick.

Thanks subah6 for the info.

·
Registered
2004 Outback LTD Wagon
32 Posts
I've had great success with Lysol Basin Tub & Tile Bathroom cleaner on the white letters of my Outback. Spray it on, let it sit and gently brush the letters and they'll be whiter that you've ever seen.....

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
Use printers 100%silicon boys ,have used it for some time now more effective than the the watered down variant we call amour-all.
I use it on anything black on the otuside of the car
(except the paint of course)

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Sounds good Jimmbo, but where can the average person purchase it?

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
Jondalar said:
Sounds good Jimmbo, but where can the average person purchase it?
well
Thats a good question,I think you can get silicon spray which is high percentage silicon at hardwhare stores but beware of the overspray that clings to everything.
Im guessing printer supply places in sydney.
maybe go through the yellow pages.

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sabast1 said:
I've had great success with Lysol Basin Tub & Tile Bathroom cleaner on the white letters of my Outback. Spray it on, let it sit and gently brush the letters and they'll be whiter that you've ever seen.....
sabast1 I tried some bath and tile cleaner over the weekend and I must say very white and clean. Thanks for that....

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
Long term Subaru Owner - Current Daily Drive: 2007 Lexus RX350, and E46 BMW 328i
1,142 Posts
That sandpaper trick works a treat - Thanks ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts