Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to clean your ride with ? What are some of the most popular brands ? What technique do you use when washing your car ?

At the moment, I am using Meguiars Gold Class car wash, which seems to work well. Sometimes I will use the Meguairs "Professional" Hi Tech Wash, or Autoglym car wash, but both are only available in small bottles and are expensive. Gold Class is available in large bottles and is more economical.

I try to wax and polish my car every 6 months if possible. Right now I use Meguairs Fine Cut Cleaner (again, the Professional series) applied with a Hitachi random orbital sander and a Meguairs soft buff polish pad. For polish and wax, I am now using Autoglym, which is much easier to buff off than Meguairs and the finish is just as good, if not better.

Tyres are detailed with Meguairs Endurance. I prefer the "natural look" to the high gloss, which seems to "sling" and leave a greasy finish everywhere.

The interior is just cleaned with a damp cloth - I hate the greasy, reflective finish that most interior cleaners leave behind.

What techniques do others use to clean and detail their ride ?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,572 Posts
I like the NuFinish product instead of wax. Easy, nice, can be used in sunlight.

Do you use a silicone or other product on the window seals? What is good for that?

Also, we have a recargeable 'shark'(dustbuster-type) vac hanging on its charger in the garage - very nice for the cars.

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Detailing

I use Meguiars products myself, ranging from their wheel cleaner to the two step wax system (pre-cleaner wax, carnuba wax) Liquid is what I use and I get great results. When it comes to molding, weatherstripping and other rubber parts I use a 100% silicone compound--Marson K-2 silicone compound. It does wonders getting wax off my bumper cover and such. Good luck finding it though, We get it at work from a Grainger catalog. Later. Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
I prefer Zaino products. Always worked well on the Jetta and Camaro but I have not used it on the OB yet.

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
I just picked up some of Megauir's NXT Tech Wax. I applied it in full sun, and it buffed off really easily. I'd take a pic, but the wife is visiting relatives and took my camera

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon
15 Posts
Here is a picture of my outback after using clearkote hand glaze, topped with clearkote carnuba wax. The best thing about the clearkote products is there ease of use. You can use them on everything, from chrome, glass, and trim.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts