Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 OB XT, 03 OB
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newby to this forum and own an 04 OB. My wife has an 03 OB, and I gotta keep em both clean, and detailed. I've found a few products that make it a lot easier to keep em up. If you need to detail after washing, in between waxing, go to a Honda Motorcycle Dealer and get a spray can of their Honda Pro Cleaner Polish. This stuff is GRRREAT! You can use it on all the outside surfaces, instead of the usual quick detailers. It will remove gug buts, grease , and tar, but because its a wax base dosen't remove your wax. To be honest, I've never waxed mine, I just use this stuff after every 2nd or 3rd wash. I have a Silverstone Metallic with the black rocker panel trim, and its great at keeping the black trim looking new. Its really good for cleaning the headlight and tailight len's and the red trim actoss the back. You can do the entire car in 1/2 hr. I've had my windows tinted, and was told to use Stoners Invisible Glass. This stuff is also grrreat, and cleans tinted windows. I use it on the outside and its almost like putting Rain-X on. After using it 2-3 times you'll notice water beading up. If you have a lot of water spots on your windows, try using Barkeepers Friend Clenser. It won,t scratch the window (don't use it on tinted windows--only the outside) and willreally clean them. Just put a bit on a sponge and do a section at a time and then rinse it off. I know everyone has their little hints but I hope this adds to yours. Grumpy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Detailing - Cleaning car windows

I realize this is a 10-year old posting - but I've tried everything from vinegar (first diluted, then 100%) - several glass cleaners that didn't even make a dent in the "water" spots (I've never seen anything like this before on any other car I've owned). I noticed these spots about 4-mos after buying my 2013 outback - and am nervous about trying Barkeepers Friend or Bonami products on the glass. Are you positive these are safe?

·
Registered
2014 OBW Premium (Ice Silver Metalic)
309 Posts
'Way back when, Honda specified Bon-Ami cleanser in a TSB regarding waterspots on glass.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
738 Posts
I use a product from Mothers for deep cleaning windows, it's in a red tube with the label "upside down. works really well. First I clean the windows with glass cleaner, then use the Mothers product it's like a liquid wax buff that off, then I choose to use RainX as well but you don't have to. This Mothers stuff removes all that collected road oil etc. that cause the wipers to drag or streak even after you have done your best with window cleaner. Of course the RainX means you won't need the wipers as much anyway. I always do this before a long road trip or vacation when we ofter drive 1k - 3k miles it takes a lot of stress off the eyes when the window is really clean and wipers can work their best.

The Mothers water spot remover really works and it takes little effort.

·
Premium Member
2006 outback 1996 2.5l legacy Outback
247 Posts
Meguirs also makes a water spot remover. Also, barkeepers friend is not safe on windows. It will scuff finished tile and the bottle specifically states that. I have used it around the house and their is NO WAY I would use it on my windows. My advice would be to get a good glass polish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts