Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Any way to add any of the JDM niceties to our US Outbacks? I’m thinking of getting JDM grille and a front facing camera sounds like a good thing.
I'd say not unless you can source the parts and do your own wiring. I had a 2015 Forester XT and bought the JDM factory cheek lights which came with factory wiring harness and instructions in Japanese. And from research online I'd had to basically cobble that OEM harness into my US Forester because the US version just wasn't wired or plug and play for that JDM option. I never did install them and traded the Forester. Shipping from Japan those lights weren't cheap. Now they're collecting dust. :flush:

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5
1 Posts
just finished installing JDM grill

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Just installed the JDM grill, took 1 1/2 hours. Not difficult at all, just tedious i.e. removing wheel arch molding and all the plastic plugs etc. I LOVE how it looks! So happy I did it. Ok, can't get picture to flip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 OB Limited 2.5
302 Posts
Looks great (and right side up on my iPhone!). I wonder if my wife would even notice...

·
Premium Member
2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue, Ready Lift, roof basket / roof mount tire, 2" hitch, Perrin spacers, etc...
303 Posts
Reactions: ELCID86

·
Registered
213 Posts
Man that looks good. Too bad it is so expensive for just a visual upgrade.
There is 3 ebayers (could just be the same company) selling a non oem grill for a lot less and the frame is mat black, not chrome which I think looks better. It's for 2015 - 2017
No subie badge mind you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-Mesh...16-17-2015-2016-2017-/253387993208?nav=SEARCH

I emailed one of them (at the time it was only one seller) twice asking if they are going to make one for 2018 - 2019.
They said "in a few months" that was a year ago and again 2+- months ago.
As before it was "in a few months" ?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts