Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just completing a 96k mile service on my 2008 Outback Diesel, the fuel filter from my motor factors is a canister-type, just like a screw on oil filter but with a threaded hole also on the top, presume the idea is there's an oil-filter type base that it screwed onto then an output union which screws on the top, however can't find the existing filter on the car.

Ive searched the forum and see a lot of commentary about the fuel filter being integrated into the in-tank fuel pump but presume that's for the petrol models.

If this is the correct filter (although my factors may have got it wrong) then I can't see it integrating into the pump but can't see it in the fuel line around the engine - any suggestions?

best regards

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Hi all,

I'm just completing a 96k mile service on my 2008 Outback Diesel, the fuel filter from my motor factors is a canister-type, just like a screw on oil filter but with a threaded hole also on the top, presume the idea is there's an oil-filter type base that it screwed onto then an output union which screws on the top, however can't find the existing filter on the car.

Ive searched the forum and see a lot of commentary about the fuel filter being integrated into the in-tank fuel pump but presume that's for the petrol models.

If this is the correct filter (although my factors may have got it wrong) then I can't see it integrating into the pump but can't see it in the fuel line around the engine - any suggestions?

best regards
All my diesels had it under the hood. Ive seen them mounted to a bracket on the firewall or on the fender or even on the side of the engine. That would be my first list of spots to check. If your car has plastic covers over stuff dont be surprised if its covered by one.You could always call a dealer and say your a long way away and need to replace it. They may even email or text you the install steps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my diesels had it under the hood. Ive seen them mounted to a bracket on the firewall or on the fender or even on the side of the engine. That would be my first list of spots to check. If your car has plastic covers over stuff dont be surprised if its covered by one.You could always call a dealer and say your a long way away and need to replace it. They may even email or text you the install steps.
Many thanks, I have had a good look around the engine bay but it doesn't jump out at me and considering the size of the filter canister that my motor factor gave me, it wouldn't be easy to hide.

I'm surprised that no-one else on the forum hasn't changed the fuel filter yet, although I appreciate the forum is US Centric and you don't have the diesel model over there.

When I find it, I'll post back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts