Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Decided to try this forum, because the Finnish forums or the mechanics I've shown the car to couldn't give me the answer.
The car has 240 000 km on it. It is 2.0L diesel with MT.
The problem is jerkiness.

When ever I release or push the throttle it does a jerk. No noise is associated with the jerk, just a push/pull depending on is it from pushing or pulling the throttle. The AC makes it worse, when driving without it the jerkiness is "nearly" something I could live with. With the AC on the jerk is such that I would be spilling my coffee, if I had one while driving. You can feel the drive line moving.

So far 3 mechanics have lifted their hands up, no visible or clear reason for this phenomenon.
I've cleaned MAF, I've checked the hoses on turbo, the OBD2 port has been read with a BOSCH reader and no codes. The clutch isn't new but it's still working decent. I don't think it could be the clutch springs, but you never know.

I'm quite familiar with how a MT car should be behaving (spending 15 000 - 40 000 km a year in a car driving or as a passenger) and this is no such thing. I'm also becoming bit crazy with this jerking, because it's making the car really uncomfortable to drive in a city where you are constantly shifting and don't use cruise control.
My guess is that this might have something to do with the engine mounts. Could those cause such a thing?

Sorry for my not-so-fluent English, it's my third language.

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
580 Posts
Diesel?!? Man I'm jealous!

Sent from my V35-ThinQ using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
580 Posts
Motor mounts and clutch springs seem like best places to start. Well don't start with the springs. Your English is fantastic!

Sent from my V35-ThinQ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diesel?!? Man I'm jealous!
[/QUOTE
Yep, love the torque and l/km (mpg).
On the other side people think I'm coming over with a tracktor 😁

Today I tested to drive the car without AC for a full day. Also understood (opened my eyes) that keeping the airflow at windshield actually uses AC. Therefore manually se it off. The jerking seems to actually be at reasonably normal when the engine is hot and driving on pavement.

Starting to think of a really weird cause for the jerking. Could the AC system be overfilled? Read a marking somewhere in the car that the amount of liquid needed was actually pretty low. Gotta check that out when I get back to the car.

Thanks for the answer and the compliment!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts