Subaru Outback Forums banner

Differences / Interchangeability of TR580 CVT "Lineartronic" Especially TR580KHEAA vs. TR580KHEBA

Gen 4 
43K views 60 replies 24 participants last post by  Jaroob 
Hello folks,

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I'll get to it. I've got a 2014 Outback Wagon 2.5 CVT, the chain/guides are pretty noisy and I'm planning to replace the whole transmission. I'm trying to figure out what all would interchange and be a "plug and play" option. From the research I have done I know that the 2014 Wagon has a TR580KHEBA and the 2014 Sedan has a TR580KHEAA designation. Is the only difference the Torque Converter? How about a TR580GHDBA in a 2015 sedan or a TR580SHACA in a 2015 wagon? Any light to illuminate any differences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

According to Hollander interchange (salvage yard software) it is 2014 only, Wagon only, 2.5l only....

Cars101.com lists the final drive ratio as different between the wagon (3.90) and the sedan(3.70). This would mean that the transmissions are NOT interchangeable because they need to be matched to the rear end gear.