Subaru Outback Forums banner

Differences / Interchangeability of TR580 CVT "Lineartronic" Especially TR580KHEAA vs. TR580KHEBA

Gen 4 
43K views 60 replies 24 participants last post by  Jaroob 
Transmission installed, TCM reset (used my Autel 906BT), I've put about 100 miles on it. it works perfectly! 0 issues whatsoever. if your thinking of replacing your '14 wagon CVT do yourself a favor and get a '15/'16 sedan CVT. It's not 100% plug and play, but SUPER easy to change over the top plate and the cooler lines.
Really happy somebody tried this swap and got it working! I've been on the fence about trying this. I currently have a 2015 Outback, 2013 Outback and a 2016 Legacy transmission in the shop. All transmissions have their faults and I've installed replacements since. They didn't all get the same year transmission, but they were close where I didn't have to swap anything like you did. Question though, you said you reset the TCM... Did you just clear codes? I didn't think the 906BT would do a relearn on the transmission. I have a 608 here and it won't, but was told the 906 wouldn't either. I hope their wrong because I've actually been in the market for a 906TS. ....by the way, nice work!!