Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Ok,

1) You seem to have decent driving (dirt road) skills or very good instruction!
2) What did the Jeep driver say?
3) What tires are you running? (Hankook?)
4) Vid 4 ended too early for me. Did you go through the part at the end of that clip?

:29:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,

1) You seem to have decent driving (dirt road) skills or very good instruction!
2) What did the Jeep driver say?
3) What tires are you running? (Hankook?)
4) Vid 4 ended too early for me. Did you go through the part at the end of that clip?

:29:
1.Thanks!
2. He said that my rear tire was in the air.
3. http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/41447-hankook-dynapro-atm-225-70-16-gen4.html
4. Of course! I made it through all the trails the other rigs did that day. I turned the camera off so I wouldn't get distracted by it... wish I wouldn't have as that was a smooth line!

This was the group (note: 4x4 VW van with front/rear lockers!)

Funny enough... if you'll notice how much lower my car looks.. because it was stuck skid plate deep in some serious clay mud. Felt like my tires were on ball bearings. Made it through the entire trail day.. and get stuck at for the picture at the very end!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
you should put your picture in your other thread about this. why do you make 2 threads about the same thing? i combine things, on evoxforums my one thread is almost 400 pgs long now. but i like seeing someone who actually takes their 4th gen outback off the road instead of talk about what a deal they got or what kind of gas mileage they're getting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
you should put your picture in your other thread about this. why do you make 2 threads about the same thing? i combine things, on evoxforums my one thread is almost 400 pgs long now. but i like seeing someone who actually takes their 4th gen outback off the road instead of talk about what a deal they got or what kind of gas mileage they're getting.
I like seeing someone who actually posts about the car rather than complain about posts people make.:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice! I love this part of California. When I move back in December the girlfriend, the subaru and I are taking a big trip around the west. The Mojave is going to be the first area we play around in for a bit. On another note, don't you love it when you can keep up with a Jeep? We have a pretty popular trail out here on Oahu that we will go drive a few times a month.....we are always the only car out there that is not a jeep or a truck, and every time we get some looks and thumbs up, especially if it has rained and we are going through some of the flooded out parts of the trail. Gotta love it

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Great videos!

LOL I could see possibly in a few years if the wife decides we are not using the Sequoia enough to keep it - hauling grandparents and kids around etc. Picking up a XV giving her the OB - and turning it into my little adventure wagon HA HA. A couple of the day care dads have picked up new Jeeps in the past few months as the kids get older I can see the dads doing a few back roads trips with the boys while the moms and daughters go get nails done or whatever they do when girls get together. ;-)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you should put your picture in your other thread about this. why do you make 2 threads about the same thing?
I didn't mean for them to be the same thing. I wrote the post for the gen 4 forum to just show what a gen 4 can do on a trail. The thread in "unpaved" is just there for video enjoyment for people that don't have a gen 4/don't check the gen 4 forum.

Great videos!

LOL I could see possibly in a few years if the wife decides we are not using the Sequoia enough to keep it - hauling grandparents and kids around etc. Picking up a XV giving her the OB - and turning it into my little adventure wagon
I think the outback with a RTT and a solid set of drawers in the back would be a great adventure vehicle!

Nice! I love this part of California. When I move back in December the girlfriend, the subaru and I are taking a big trip around the west. The Mojave is going to be the first area we play around in for a bit. On another note, don't you love it when you can keep up with a Jeep? We have a pretty popular trail out here on Oahu that we will go drive a few times a month.....we are always the only car out there that is not a jeep or a truck, and every time we get some looks and thumbs up, especially if it has rained and we are going through some of the flooded out parts of the trail. Gotta love it
LOVE the Mojave and So Cal desert areas! I need to get up north more...
and heck yes it's fun to keep up with the Jeeps! I enjoy the driving and they always get a kick out of seeing what the OBW can do. I've seen pics of trails in Hawaii... looks amazing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What trails did you run out there? Theres tons of places in Anza Borrego, Truck Haven and Superstition that a Subaru will do just fine. New to Subaru and want to take the wife's out there to tool around. She is completely against it cause she sees what I have done out there in my Jeep.

Just a few pics.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What trails did you run out there? Theres tons of places in Anza Borrego, Truck Haven and Superstition that a Subaru will do just fine. New to Subaru and want to take the wife's out there to tool around. She is completely against it cause she sees what I have done out there in my Jeep.

Just a few pics.
SOON I'll have a capable 4x4 also! :)
This trip was a pre-run for the Borregofest event... Calcite Mine, Truckhaven, bunch of random washes n such... was a great time. At the last event, Mountain Rendezvous, there was actually a guy from OC in a 4th gen... was pretty cool having another rig for the Jeep guys to giggle at. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts

Just a few pics.
Whats your setup on your xj? Here is mine

Sorry for the hijack, im coming from a jeep club and joining a subaru club/forum my xj is now my trailer queen lol my subi is my daily driver

My specs

98 sport

7" lift with 33" mud brute going 37" soon
Front axle D30 with aussie locker
Rear axle 8.25 open
Both axles geared to 4.88
Tnt long arms
Mix of tnt customs and rubicon express leafs and coils

Here is my 08 Outback

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great videos. The fourth video, as previously stated, is very impressive.

There should be a Subaru commercial in which an Outback follows a Jeep Wrangler down a trail such as that one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great videos. The fourth video, as previously stated, is very impressive.

There should be a Subaru commercial in which an Outback follows a Jeep Wrangler down a trail such as that one.
I'll try to re-run this trail and get it filmed from the outside! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
reactivity
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing