Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Outback Premium w/CVT
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So trying to figure out a p/n issue. On my 05 outback 2.5i. The listed oil dipstick p/n is 11140aa140 but no warehouses have them they all have 11140a150 and its not showing superseded. apparently the 140 can be special ordered will take 2 weeks. I know all sticks are a crude measurement of whatever is being measured but does anyone think the markings will be different on the xxx150?
Appreciate any info

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,047 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,047 Posts
2005 H4 n/a has a old type block with new type heads,...a very unique year for subaru.

quirk and subaru online parts, of hicksville NY
both use revolutiion parts software and it says "does not match your car" when the first thing I did was put in a 2005 H4 N/A outback

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-part...za-wrx-transaxle-dipstick-oem-new-11140aa150/

and whoops the guys in hicksville have one, for cheaper. =$11.02

https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-dipstick-11140aa140

and if you ask them here they will give you a free shipping code:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/121-subaruonlineparts-com/414346-free-shipping-code.html

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the websites and info. the xx140 is the actual one that should be in the car from new. the xx150 is for later 3rd Gens. and other subaru models as well. I am finding that its getting harder to locate factory parts for my specific year as the age is getting up there. When the same part is being used on all 3rd Gens its not an issue just on 2005MY only are becoming more remote.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5
992 Posts
Who ever loses their dipstick?
The reason I ask that rhetorical question is that if you went to a local junkyard that had your specific model, the chances are high that you'd find a dipstick still sitting in the engine.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who ever loses their dipstick?
Ha good question....luckily i didnt loose the "stick" i was trying to figure out why my 05MY has so many different p/n and parts than a group i was with last week with the same 05 and 06 subies.

Also the manual states 4.2 qts of oil when changing and the others i was hanging with stated 4.5 qts so I was wondering if the pans were different or the sticks measure differently and both are the case.

Sadly the closest junkyard that "may" have a similar vehicle is over 5 hrs from me.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,047 Posts
Ha good question....luckily i didnt loose the "stick" i was trying to figure out why my 05MY has so many different p/n and parts than a group i was with last week with the same 05 and 06 subies.

Also the manual states 4.2 qts of oil when changing and the others i was hanging with stated 4.5 qts so I was wondering if the pans were different or the sticks measure differently and both are the case.

Sadly the closest junkyard that "may" have a similar vehicle is over 5 hrs from me.

2005= OLD type short blocks,...rods, pistons, (used from 2000-2005).

2006 = NEW type short blocks, ...rods and pistons, (used from 2006-12)

both called EJ253, but very different in parts specs. so as you got a unicorn there in a US spec 2005 you will always need to be careful in what you buy. (just like people with 2004 only california spec EJ259,...which is similar to your 2005 EJ253).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so as you got a unicorn there in a US spec 2005 you will always need to be careful in what you buy. (just like people with 2004 only california spec EJ259 said:
I had that feeling it was a quirky car. So do you suggest i always use the VIN when looking up parts or something else? When i use the VIN it usually just looks like it pulls up the standard 2.5i 4AT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts