Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does disconnecting the battery forget seat programming? Hopefully...

But, does anything bad/wacky happen, like needing to rest the fob or something weird?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,635 Posts
What car? Year? Trim level (Limited, since you have seat memory?) Key or pushbutton start?

Can't answer about seat memory, but it seems reasonable that it would forget.

You will probably have to reset the power windows - there's a simple procedure in your owner's manual and about a million threads explaining it here. The engine may run poorly for a few drive cycles as well. I don't think you'll have any problems with the key fob after disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What car? Year? Trim level (Limited, since you have seat memory?) Key or pushbutton start?

Can't answer about seat memory, but it seems reasonable that it would forget.

You will probably have to reset the power windows - there's a simple procedure in your owner's manual and about a million threads explaining it here. The engine may run poorly for a few drive cycles as well. I don't think you'll have any problems with the key fob after disconnecting the battery.
2017 limited blue...

Can you point me in the right direction for the 100+ window issue after removing battery power?

Just hoping it goes back to factory defaults for the seat and forgets fob settings etc. Just doesn't work right so not setting it up should fix it.....i hope...

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,635 Posts
2017 limited blue...

Can you point me in the right direction for the 100+ window issue after removing battery power?
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...0-dead-battery-window-reset-auto-up-down.html

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...t-auto-down-up-drivers-window.html#post214902

The latter is for a 2010 model, but it sounds similar to the current ones. You'll have to repeat from the front passenger seat as well, if I recall correctly.

It's in your manual somewhere, probably in the Windows and Doors section.

May be different for Blue cars, though. They're better than the others. ;)

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,617 Posts
Any reason you can't just save a new position or am I missing the point?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,863 Posts
I'm not real clear on this but I did find a video that may help. The guy talks about setting the seat memory and pairing the fob, but near the end (around the 1:05 mark) he says how to unpair the fob.

"To unpair it all you have to do is hit the unlock button and set at the same time, wait for those to both beep and you know that it's been unset.

I don't have the keyless myself so I don't have any idea if this will help.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
563 Posts
the guy in the video misspoke! This is what it should say:
"To unpair it all you have to do is hit the lock button on the fob and the set button on the door at the same time, wait for those to both beep and you know that it's been unset."

Hitting the unlock button pairs, hitting the lock button unpairs (both while hitting the set button at the same time)
This worked on my 2020 Outback Limited to unpair a fob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts