Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was very excited to drive an hour one way to get my new wheels and tires. Only to find out the manager at discount tire made a mistake and only my tires were in. So I get to make the trek again in the next couple days. To make matters worse I walk out to my car parked in one of the campus lots and see that behind and above the rear tire has been caved in and missing paint. Of course, being on a college campus, they didn’t leave any info. Was hoping to do some more mods, but I guess I’ll be paying to have my paint and dent fixed first.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
948 Posts
Ask campus cops if they have any cameras and video footage. A crime was committed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to campus cops. No cameras, pay over 60 grand a year, but they can’t install cameras. Second time I’ve had a car hit and they haven’t been able to do anything about it.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
154 Posts
That's frustrating.
My wife's old car had that happen, front quarter panel, door and mirror had to be replaced. People are jerks.
Had to go through insurance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's frustrating.
My wife's old car had that happen, front quarter panel, door and mirror had to be replaced. People are jerks.
Had to go through insurance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Already talking to insurance, luckily we just switched from a 1000 deductible to a 250. Most the kids on campus are driving a car that mom and dad paid for so it’s not a big deal when something happens in their eyes. Ready to graduate and not have to constantly worry about my vehicles being damaged when I come out the next morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update
Still sorting out my newly modified rear quarter panel, but after the mishap with Discount tire, they put me in contact with the assistant Vice President of the region. He felt terrible about the situation, and he threw in the TPMS sensors, 3 year warranty for tires, and installation for free! Rolled up today, and they had me in and out in less than 20 minutes. Will definitely be going back in the future seeing the way they treat their customers and make things right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts