Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 2069 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited, 2.5, Non-Turbo
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this one and didn't find anything, so I'm cautiously posting this new thread.

A fact not widely known is that factory extended warranty pricing is highly negotiable. If you get one dealer bidding against another, you'll save a fortune. For my VW, I actually found a dealer in Atlanta with a website selling to the entire country for extremely low pricing. This made my local dealer furious.

Question: Has anyone found a Subaru dealer that's into giving great pricing on the factory extended warranty? Remember, if it's truly the factory-extended warranty, you can buy it anywhere, and have the service done locally.

Has anyone found a discount yet?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
Keep searching, it’s come around here. Folks getting Gold 7/100 0-Ded for ~$1200 IIRC.

·
Registered
Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
1,409 Posts
Keep searching, it’s come around here. Folks getting Gold 7/100 0-Ded for ~$1200 IIRC.

Gold mean bumper to bumper??

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
I have no personal dealings with these people, but I had bookmarked it a while back and was going to get with them about buying extended warrantee
Genuine Subaru 2010 - 2011 Forester Extended Warranty - eBay (item 260699329605 end time Dec-27-10 09:24:46 PST)

it looks to me like it is the official Subaru deal, but I have not really taken the time to check it out that close

if you find good or bad about them you might post a reply. at some point I am going to check them out. It looks to be cheaper than my dealer wanted to talk about.

I found they have this one for the outback

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genu...15?pt=Automotive_Services&hash=item3a5c7a15cf

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited
409 Posts
Gotta check mine now. Don't remember what I paid, but I know I got a 15% discount by buying it with the 2 year maintenance plan (also 15% off)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have no personal dealings with these people, but I had bookmarked it a while back and was going to get with them about buying extended warrantee
Genuine Subaru 2010 - 2011 Forester Extended Warranty - eBay (item 260699329605 end time Dec-27-10 09:24:46 PST)

it looks to me like it is the official Subaru deal, but I have not really taken the time to check it out that close

if you find good or bad about them you might post a reply. at some point I am going to check them out. It looks to be cheaper than my dealer wanted to talk about.

I found they have this one for the outback

Genuine Subaru GoldPlus Extended Warranty 2011 Outback - eBay (item 250659608015 end time Dec-28-10 09:27:46 PST)

Im going to give them a call.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link, bcnu53. I am contacting this EBAY seller. This is how it worked for VW...one dealer started offering to the whole country at extreme discounts...and made a lot of money...and saved folks a lot of money.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
well like I said I have had no dealings with them at all. I have never spoken to anyone, but I had marked it for later.
from what I could tell it looked like what you are speaking of. it might be a good deal and it might be a scam??????????????????

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The VW one wasn't a scam. After I bought the warranty, I asked for a refund (I didn't like the VW and got rid of it). I received the refund.

Here is how I will check out the Subaru one. I will ask what dealership it is and who is heading it up at the dealership. Then, I will look up the dealership's site on the internet (not taking a phone number from EBAY, which could be a scam). I will call the dealership with the number from the dealer's site. I will then ask for the person. If this all checks out, then chances are it's legit.

Thanks for the link! In all likelihood, this is legit.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Good to hear.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited, Ruby Red, Moonroof, Bumper Cover, Media Hub, Puddle Lamps, Remote Start, Rear Cargo Net
190 Posts
A few of these prices (but not all) beat the ebay ad pricing.

Subenet: Service Contracts

I have not vetted the company selling these plans.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This company also looks to be legit...a dealer in MN. Anything that goes through a dealer should be good, as long as it's a Subaru franchise selling a Subaru warranty.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Urbana Mom,

True, but prices vary greatly from dealer to dealer. Thus, this thread. If nothing else, we can all use the excellent pricing herein to get our local dealers to give better pricing.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i
9 Posts
Dealer in Somerset MA (Somerset Subaru) offered an extended warranty discount. I think it was $600 bucks to make it 5 years bumper-to-bumper. I didn't bite as I never keep a car more than 3 years anyway, but I have the rest of the month to decide if I want to buy it. He said it was a deal running through December and was regularly $900 or something along those lines.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Cyprus Green Metallic, No Nav or Moon Roof
25 Posts
About a week ago my dealership sent an offer announcing a 25% discount on the Subaru Factory Authorized Extended Warranty. This offer is good while your Subaru is covered by the 3/36 factory warranty and only thru December 31, this year. These plans may or may not be offered in future years. There are three popular plans available. I am looking at the 7/70 Gold Plus plan with a $50 deductible, regularly $1,400 (+/-) is available for $1,053. Subaru will charge my VISA account $105.30 each month for 10 months. These plans are interest free.

The main reason I am considering this purchase is because of the horrible salt bath roads here in upstate NY during our snowy winters. This corrosive salt/sand mixture is very destructive to exhaust and brake components, wiring connectors, suspension components...indeed, the entire unprotected undercarriage of the vehicle. :mad:

My dealership is 5 Star Subaru in Oneonta, NY. The name of the person I am talking to is Mark. His email: [email protected].

Feel free to send Mark your inquiry.

Caveat: I have no financial, personal or other interest in 5Star Subaru.

Moderator: I hope this dealer info meets forum standards. If not, please delete the dealership info. :confused:

1 - 20 of 2069 Posts