Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a very small town in Northern Michigan, and even the larger towns around that are within a half to 3/4 hour have no foreign labels, but at least they have such things as Ford, Chevy, Buick, Chrysler, Cadillac and Jeep dealers. The nearest Subaru dealer is 1 1/2 hours away and the next closest is over 2 hours away.

This is truly Chevy truck country, but that is my second vehicle. Our other cars have always been rather fully loaded Buicks. Two major problems with the current LaCross: It has low profile tires and is truly dangerous to drive in snow and rain (like having a Corvette) and two weeks after we got it we got a dog and it just is not a dog car.

How concerned should I be about the dealer distance????

JAMES

·
Registered
149 Posts
Where are you? In the U.P or Northern part of L.P. Is Traverse City or the dealership in Petoskey area the nearest to you?

I see Subarus all over Northern Michigan - so I would think that you can get parts & there would be people that can work on them.

But, really they hardly ever break down. I have one, I bought used 12 years ago, that is now 18 years old & have hardly done anything to it. No major or unusual problems. (Just recently timing belt & water pump, but hey at that age to be expected.) When I had Fords or GM products they were always breaking down with unexpected problems!!! So if that it was you are used to you will be in for a treat.

Oh, and the AWD can not be beat for driving in the snow. Subarus were made for Michigan!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts