Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
1,409 Posts
Make sure you let the heat shield cool(atleast 10 minutes) before you go and try reaching for the oil filter. I have burned myself twice!! It gets so hot.....By the time you realized you just burned yourself or are burning yourself....the deed is done. Its sizzling hot still after 5 mins.

Yep...just check it...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Also....4.2 quarts equals right around 4 liters if that helps. The OEM filter should only cost you around 8 bucks with the crush ring. Dont forget the crush ring.

ALSO...for ease. You could just fill your filter with oil before you install it. Then just throw in 4 quarts and your good. That .2 always through me off. The filter is where the .2 comes from.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Here is one on the 3.6- http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...d-guides/31533-diy-10-11-3-6r-oil-change.html

I think the only differences are 1) location/position of filter and quantity of oil (although you should have someone with a 2.5 review this and confirm). Also, if you are going to do your own oil changes regularly, you may want to consider replacing your drain plug with a fumoto valve. One less tool required, and no need to stock up on those little washer thingies. QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil
+1 on the valve, Works great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.