Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
The DIY oil change procedure is not unique nor special. The filter is surrounded by the exhaust system and needs a cap-type oil filter wrench, 4.2qt and preferably the oem oil filter.

·
Registered
719 Posts

Pssst… even my dealer says (of which he will plausibly deny under oath) you can use the washers 2x.
And I’m not surprised either, my Accord has the same type and I’ve tried/tested it several times – no leaks till the next dump. Albeit pointless given the washer cost.<O:p</O:p

Serviced a friends car last week and noticed some shops and quick oil change places do use the same crush washer repeatedly. The crush washer was so crushed it looked like it was a part of the bolt. Needed a small flat screwdriver to pry that washer off and replace it. But it didn't leak any oil!! Crush washers are inexpensive but in a pinch I wouldn't hesitate to re-use one x1 as long as it's in good shape and not deformed. Been working with these crush washers since my 1987 Acura

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.