Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cars have notoriously thin sheet metal. I have a few tiny door dings from the parking lot, mostly near the rear end of the rear doors, by the gas tank door. They are too small for a suction cup and I've tried the upside down duster can and hair dryer. Is there another method to smooth those out?

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Call a PDR person. When done you won't be able to tell the dings were ever there.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Depends on size and location of the ding. A couple years ago I had one in the center of a rear door on my CTS. Guy charged me $50 and not a trace of the ding when he was done.

Good PDR guys are metal magicians.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,515 Posts
I dusted off my PDR skills from my previous life a couple of years ago for a nasty dent that occurred in a hotel parking lot, most likely someone hitting it with their door. It didn't come out as perfect as I would have liked but for not doing any PDR for 15+ years and not having the correct tools I'm okay with the results. Fortunately when I eventually get my JDM wheel arch moldings on even the minor imperfections that remain will pretty much be hidden. I never did get any good after pictures but this one shows it pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts