2018 OB Limited 3.6R, Magnetite Gray/Titanium Gray
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on DoorEdgeGuards....factory or aftermarket???? TIA

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5i Premium
138 Posts
I self-installed edge guards I bought on Amazon, and there have been no problems in over a year. The installation was straightforward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i
12 Posts
Just got an outback! Was looking for the same thing. What size did you end up getting and how's the clear?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got this on Amazon. Good luck.

SJ 16Ft (5M ) Car Door Edge Guard TrimCar Edge Trim Rubber Seal Protector Guard Strip For Cars Metal Edges (Clear)

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i
12 Posts
Got this on Amazon. Good luck.

SJ 16Ft (5M ) Car Door Edge Guard TrimCar Edge Trim Rubber Seal Protector Guard Strip For Cars Metal Edges (Clear)
nice. but just to clarify, wondering if you went with the 36 or 48 inch. is the clear color good for you?

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,656 Posts
What is the purpose of those door edge guards other than to keep the paint on the edge of your door from chipping when hitting another object?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,317 Posts
What is the purpose of those door edge guards other than to keep the paint on the edge of your door from chipping when hitting another object?
Two-fold. To protect the paint on your car if you open it into a shelf (garage) or if it opens into another car. It might not prevent a dent in the other guy's car but at least there shouldn't be any paint transfer and scratches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice. but just to clarify, wondering if you went with the 36 or 48 inch. is the clear color good for you?
Got the 16ft. and cut to fit...actually had quite about 4 ft. left over. As I previously said the clear matched the underlying car's color perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts