Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OBW, 185K
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 4cyl OBW, base model, 168K. Do I have a cabin air filter somewhere? If so, where? TIA.

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
904 Posts
It'd be behind the glove box compartment if so. There's screws holding that whole part in, remove it all and check

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,936 Posts
There will be a sticker on the part of the dash that faces the drivers side door if you have one.

Me, I'm trying to figure out how anyone could say those black pieces that hold the glove box door up 'pop out', I gave up when they started to break.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,757 Posts
There will be a sticker on the part of the dash that faces the drivers side door if you have one.

Me, I'm trying to figure out how anyone could say those black pieces that hold the glove box door up 'pop out', I gave up when they started to break.
You took your engine apart. R&R'd the transmission. Messed with the valve body for days on end. Made a switch for the center diff so the AWD would work.

Your glove box beat you down????

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I tend to break plastic, so I know I need to back off when I start reaching for big tools for little clips. Was hoping there was a trick.

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
You took your engine apart. R&R'd the transmission. Messed with the valve body for days on end. Made a switch for the center diff so the AWD would work.

Your glove box beat you down????

Getting old sucks :gasp:

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Actually, getting a bit older means I can recognize when i should back off and not just BREAK THE #$^%$% %$^&^ (*&% %$^& SOB!

;)

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts
I attempted to replace mine once. Got to the same point... was afraid I was going to break something so I gave up. I'm sure mine is the original.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
203,000 miles on mine, even if it were done when I bought it with 55k, it's been in there a long time.

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC H6
431 Posts
203,000 miles on mine, even if it were done when I bought it with 55k, it's been in there a long time.
Gross filter is better than no filter. I put mine in at 110k, there was lots of nasty in there that could have been avoided if the previous owner knew to pop one in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts