Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5 XT Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of reading on this (here, lgt.com, etc.) and I can't find a conclusive answer. All of the threads where people remove/inspect the banjo bolt in the turbo oil feed line are for 2005 and 2006 outbacks. I've found pictures and information that show the location of the bolt changing for 2007-2009, but I haven't been able to match those up to what I see in my engine bay.

So has anyone who owns a 2007 actually removed their turbo oil line banjo bolt (should be on the passenger side, unlike the AVCS banjo on the driver side) and verified that it has a filter? I'm planning to ask the local dealer's service department this question too, but some independent confirmation would be nice. If nothing else I can try following the oil line back from the turbo to see if I can locate it, but it would be nice to know beforehand that I actually need to do this.

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
Yes, there is. It's on top of the block under the inlet tube. Harder to get to than the 05-06.

·
Registered
13 Posts
how many banjo bolt filters are there on a 2009 model year OBXT w/ 5 speed?

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
This is very helpful. I haven't seen photos or proof that the 08 still have the filter before this post.

·
Registered
17 MX-5 RF, 10 Outback 3.6R
251 Posts
how many banjo bolt filters are there on a 2009 model year OBXT w/ 5 speed?
Should be two. One on the passenger side, which is under the turbo inlet (on 07-09 models). This one is the one commonly replaced. There's one on a driver side also but you can't get to it without taking the timing cover off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts