Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I received conflicting answers from Subaru and I was hoping you could help me with your own personal experiences. Has anyone had their suspension warranty voided due to adding an aftermarket strut tower bar?

Thanks,
CecilOutback

·
Registered
2016 OB Limited 3.6R
180 Posts
IME they void the warranty but it depends who's behind the desk. However, it is about the easiest mod to remove if you need to bring it back to Subaru for work.

·
Registered
2016 OB Limited 3.6R
180 Posts
The 19mm RSB is an OEM Subaru part that looks like the original 16mm. I'd doubt if the mechanics even notice it has been changed.

Subaru doesn't make a front strut tower bar for the OB. An aftermarket piece will stand out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,768 Posts
Since it's of questionable utility, there are very very few members that have even bothered with this mod. Highly unlikely any of them have encountered any warranty issues - doesn't mean you won't, but don't expect to read about it here.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The "Warantee" is NOT all-or-nothing.

EXAMPLE: If you modify the suspension.... this does not mean your drivetrain or brake warantee is gone. (but if you experience poor tire-life...you are on your own)

·
Registered
2018 3.6r
94 Posts
The 19mm RSB is an OEM Subaru part that looks like the original 16mm. I'd doubt if the mechanics even notice it has been changed.

Subaru doesn't make a front strut tower bar for the OB. An aftermarket piece will stand out like a sore thumb.
They advertise the Legacy/Liberty STI part to OB owners in Aus. For the ridiculous price of $1105.67AUD ($747.41USD)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Under federal law, a modification cannot defacto void a warranty. Manufacturer would have to show the warranty repair was caused/necessitated by an improperly installed part.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Under federal law, a modification cannot defacto void a warranty. Manufacturer would have to show the warranty repair was caused/necessitated by an improperly installed part.
Not quite what the law states but believe what you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts