Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013, 2.5I, Limited+eyesight
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suddenly notice that the NAV LCD's backlight of my 13OB is not even at night.
When turning off the audio, most of the LCD area is black, and I notice a big star like thing (in a bright light grey color, other area is completely black) in the left upper side of the screen. Is this a bad LCD screen?

I want to replace the screen, wondering whether the warranty will cover the it or not.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited SAP
4 Posts
Yes - I have a lighter star shaped area on the right side of the screen when the background is dark - goes away in NAV mode or other colors. Reminds me of a pressure point. Odd - display seems fine otherwise...

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited - Twilight Blue
167 Posts
Yes - I have a lighter star shaped area on the right side of the screen when the background is dark - goes away in NAV mode or other colors. Reminds me of a pressure point. Odd - display seems fine otherwise...
I do believe that is the wallpaper pattern... I have that on mine too. Looks like someone pressing on the lcd too hard and making ripples but it is indeed the wallpaper. (or at least I hope it is - *running to the car*)

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight
241 Posts
I have seen this as well, It seems to be a background or deliberate pattern. I m hoping it has nothing to do with the backlight or more likely the LCD itself.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
If it isn't deliberate... are there any controls on the left side towards the top outside of the screen? I don't think there are, but if there are, there could be light leakage from any bulbs behind those controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts