Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
869 Posts
That engine was driven with that cylinder running too lean. When a turbo engine throws a check engine light, drive it very gently or park it until the cause is determined.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,841 Posts
@seagrass

are there subaru parts dealer by the belly button just north of the map of Tasmania ?

or is it all just shaved bare ...so much so that a Aussie compatriot need look for parts on a world wide forum

(maybe we should scrape these similar threads into the "down under" section )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That engine was driven with that cylinder running too lean. When a turbo engine throws a check engine light, drive it very gently or park it until the cause is determined.
What would cause a cylinder to run lean?

·
Super Moderator
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
2,266 Posts
@seagrass

are there subaru parts dealer by the belly button just north of the map of Tasmania ?

or is it all just shaved bare ...so much so that a Aussie compatriot need look for parts on a world wide forum

(maybe we should scrape these similar threads into the "down under" section )
Plenty of Subaru dealers in that location and the one at Docklands often offers discount parts on eBay

The big problem in Australia is the exorbitant cost of parts, many double the cost of the same part you pay in the US.

Seagrass

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,841 Posts
The big problem in Australia is the exorbitant cost of parts, many double the cost of the same part you pay in the US.

Seagrass
worth the shipping ?

·
Super Moderator
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
2,266 Posts
worth the shipping ?
Often worth the shipping if you can arrange it. I am about to replace the torque converter in my 2011 3.6 Outback due to "shudder" that is getting progressively worse.

I can get a torque converter in the US for around US$675 plus shipping of around US$125. That makes it around $1,050 Australian dollars delivered to my door. The same part to buy in Australia is around $2,200 Australian dollars.

Seagrass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts