Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen (and/or ladies ),

Right now I'm looking for a piece to use for testing. What I need is a 3/4" diameter rod of metal with a groove cut in the circumference of it in one end for a snap ring to sit in. It does not matter what kind of metal and the length doesn't need to be more than an inch.

This is exactly what I am looking for and would suit for testing purposes perfectly. The reason I would like to buy from a smaller-scale business/person is because if the test piece works for what I need it for, then I would like to commission some similar pieces made, preferably from aluminum. I'm hesitant to ask at a local machine shop because I feel like the job is too small.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I would stop by your local university. I took a machine shop class as part of my industrial engineering degree. We had alot of manual tools as well as a couple of CNC's as well as some random metal that was donated. I would speak with one of the instructors and they should be able to help you out, and it may not cost you a thing! If it does work it may be something that they can make for you as a "student project".

·
Registered
2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool idea! I will look into that; my university doesn't have any engineering degrees but the one up the road that my brother attends might. Appreciate the thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts