Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're picking up our car tomorrow, so I thought I would DL the Starlink App. After reading the reviews. I think I'll pass.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,318 Posts
We're picking up our car tomorrow, so I thought I would DL the Starlink App. After reading the reviews. I think I'll pass.

new car people with new car "problems". :nerd:

such as:
what are you going to use for wax, ?

sadly no more of those fancy blue national parks blankets made.
so:
are you going to get a free subaru car cover in the mail as a gift,..
...to protect your new purchase from the dangers of bird droppings.?

_____

but alas, as you bought slightly used no such free gifts will appear, so you need to buy your own.

Reactions: Zedhead

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,301 Posts
I haven't had any problems with it but I would never pay full price for the subscription. If it would work with the factory remote start it might be worth it.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,407 Posts
I have owned two gen 5s and don't know what star link is.

It has not affected my satisfaction with purchase.

That's a plus, right?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had any problems with it but I would never pay full price for the subscription. If it would work with the factory remote start it might be worth it.
From what I understand, the Ascent will have that capability. Might be available thru an update on other cars?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new car people with new car "problems". :nerd:

such as:
what are you going to use for wax, ?

sadly no more of those fancy blue national parks blankets made.
so:
are you going to get a free subaru car cover in the mail as a gift,..
...to protect your new purchase from the dangers of bird droppings.?

_____

but alas, as you bought slightly used no such free gifts will appear, so you need to buy your own.

Don't worry EE, I will still have 3 previous gen Outbacks experiences to fall back on. I won't ever forget the three time HG change 1st gen. Sold at 350K miles.
I'll be driving my Second Gen for another 200K miles. Unless a LGT wagon falls into my lap!

The timing was right for this car. We had over $12K to put down on it. And, I like the fact that my wife, with all her luck, has every safety option available. She's a bit tech challenged. But, I'm gonna try and ease her into the systems slowly. It's a two hr drive back from the dealership. I'll swing off on some less traveled roads and get her into the drivers seat to feel it out.

On a side note. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best wax available these days??:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2016 Tungsten Outback 2.5l Premium w/ES, OP 14, PP #4
501 Posts
In my case the app does what it's supposed to do. Like others, the premium service isn't worth $150/yr. to me. I renewed a several months ago at 1/2 price and would consider renewing at the price, but not $150.
Won't you get a free limited time subscription with the new car purchase? If so you can make your own judgement.

Responding to the question on wax suggestions ...... I like the one on the top Walmart shelf that's in the black and purple can!

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,301 Posts
Sometimes I will pull up the Starlink app to make sure my Outback is still sitting in the driveway. It's a lot easier than getting up and looking out the window.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll say something good:

With the My Subaru app, I like the option of being able to lock my car remotely. As I get older, I'm constantly second guessing myself on whether I've done routine actions. So, now, if I'm sitting at a restaurant or a ballgame, I can relock the car and get a confirmation. Of course, maybe it's just telling me it's locked.

As for the Starlink app with all the other apps attached to it, that one I don't like. I usually get the "get use it because the car is moving" screen. But, then, when would I use it, because, you know, I use the car to go from point A to point B, and it had to be moving to accomplish that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts