Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Legacy wagon 2.5L 230K 5spd
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2001 Outback last fall that is missing mudflaps. Are there any good aftermarket ones out there? Hoping for something with good coverage and a tight fit. Thanks in advance.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,951 Posts
advice, as the OEM are pretty great, and made to fit:

go to a pick and pull (or part out), drill through the fastener for OEM, and glue it on your car with RTV.
(a real pain to get the bolt and the nut apart on these unless it just falls apart, and you loose the flap on the road without noticing).

·
Premium Member
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
1,080 Posts
advice, as the OEM are pretty great, and made to fit:

go to a pick and pull (or part out), drill through the fastener for OEM, and glue it on your car with RTV.
(a real pain to get the bolt and the nut apart on these unless it just falls apart, and you loose the flap on the road without noticing).
Or, check my garbage can the week after I buy another car. Can't get rid of those rust-causers fast enough!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,951 Posts
Or, check my garbage can the week after I buy another car. Can't get rid of those rust-causers fast enough!
do you chuck the whole inner fender plastic liner too ?

I was once in a pick and pull looking for a gas inlet hose and found a 2003 outback wagon with no visible rust. ...pulled that thing off (hard to do with just gloved hands, ...and the inlet hose on that was rusted too....and I bought another new from subaru $110)

and for the OP I have a couple gen2 outback parts cars abandon in a field too. (2003 AWP 2.5 wagon ran out of oil, 2002 outback H4 sedan rusted to grizzle).

·
Premium Member
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
1,080 Posts
do you chuck the whole inner fender plastic liner too ?
NO! Those are the only thing protecting the wiring harnesses in the fenders from grime and debris kicked up from the tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts