Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am looking for an advice on the new tires: I live in nor-cal, it does not get cold here and I would actually get regular summer tires but I do go couple times a year to Tahoe and last winter was nasty ;D

Before I replace my tires with the same model, I wanted to check with someone more experienced if there is a better alternative to the default Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS?

Can't say I am not happy with the tires I have but if there is something I should look at it would be great to know.

What I want from tires... nothing special: Not noisy, decent grip/breaking performance, good behavior on puddles/wet asphalt.

Also, last time I changed tires (different car) I wen to Pep Boys, they sold me Falken which I was not happy with since they started to make noise in a year or so, so do not trust the Pep Boys anymore, is it a good Idea to go to Costco, is their service OK (given this time I pick the tires)?

Looking forward to any advice.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5 with Eyesight. 19mm Rear Sway Bar. Steering Dampener Lock Down. HID upgrade from retrofit source.
195 Posts
I'll be following this as well. How many miles are on your tires? I'm sitting at about 34K on the Duelers and they are hitting the point where I'm thinking of replacing them (Probably within the next 4K or so). Thought I would get a bit more wear out of them, but they haven't been a terrible tire. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 50k, I was actually told about 5 months ago that I need to change the tires but never had time for that. Now when the rains have started I probably should take care of that ?

This is what they look like:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put Kumho Crugen HT51 on my 2010 Outback. I have 199000 mile on the car and I just put them on. They are 70000 mile tires. Rated excellent in rain and snow and have a 3 peak mountain snowflake. They are very quiet as well. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
318 Posts
Those tires are borderline dangerous if you are driving in anything wet etc. Not worth the risk trying to leave them on too long.

I would suggest going to a reputable shop like Discount Tire , instead of pepboys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts