Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,037 Posts
Use whatever you want without worry. I've use Prestone, Rain-X and other brands for +32 temps and other for -27 temps too. It all pumps fine and doesn't leave residue or hurt the paint.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,861 Posts
Just don't accidentally grab the wrong jug and fill up the reservoir with car wash soap. That makes life interesting the first time you hit the washer driving down the road. :3:

Did that on my last vehicle and it took forever to flush the soap out of the system. The washer pump also died a few months later.

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
3,461 Posts
I flushed out the OEM fluid and installed RainX -25F for winter. When I went to the snow one time, I think the OEM fluid may have frozen. The RainX works fine so far. Buy at least two gallons if you are going to flush your old fluid.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
Use whatever you want without worry. I've use Prestone, Rain-X and other brands for +32 temps and other for -27 temps too. It all pumps fine and doesn't leave residue or hurt the paint.
did you scrape some of your paint off, and send it to blackstone labs yet to confirm that it was not damaged by any of the aftermarket things you have tried? :wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.