Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Gen 3 OBW, and found this online today:

'06 LTD. 2.5 A4, white/tan, with 61,500 miles for 13k. One owner.

Interior looks pretty clean, but the front and rear bumpers both seem to have scuffs.

It's more thna I was originally looking to spend, but I like the LTD options, and I love these in white! Plus with the low miles I should get plenty of use out of it.

Here's the link: 2006 Subaru Legacy for sale in Warwick - 4S4BP62CX67362735 - MINI of Warwick

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
They do look nice in white.

Beyond all the mechanical stuff you're learning in the other threads, be aware that replacing the stereo in an 05-06 Limited is an expensive undertaking. And you will probably want to replace it, given that there is no aux input.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to answer, Novablue.

Nobody else who viewed this thread had any opinion either way??
You need to drive it to see really. I find most car dealerships over price cars, since that car is sitting just above market value... barley there is most likely something wrong. It would be nice I was wrong about that though. When I go car shopping I try to have at least 5 cars on my list. It gives me a chance to say "Sorry, I have another appointment."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to drive it to see really. I find most car dealerships over price cars, since that car is sitting just above market value... barley there is most likely something wrong. It would be nice I was wrong about that though. When I go car shopping I try to have at least 5 cars on my list. It gives me a chance to say "Sorry, I have another appointment."
Good idea.

I hope you're wrong about something being wrong with it, but you're probably right. Maybe that's why it was traded in to them i nthe first place.

I was also thinking the price seemed good because both front and rear bumpers look to need paint work, and also maybe they just wantto get rid of it, as they're a Mini dealer and not in the business of dealing with 6 year old Subarus.

Which brings me to another point on the price - yes, it seems decent for the mileage compared to other OB's I'm seeing listed, but still...13K for a 6, going on 7 year old car? I really hate to pay that much for a car that old. I was thinking I cold keep it for maybe 3 years, and get rid of it before it hits 100k, that way I'd prob still get a decent trade in for it, while avoiding the timing belt service and possbile head gasket issues.

I saw another listed, a '07 with 74K for 10,900. 2.5i auto, but the more base model with cloth seats and no sunroof. Looks good in silver and charcoal though, and it has the dark colored interior, which I like. The Carfax doesn't look as good as the white one though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look nice in white.

Beyond all the mechanical stuff you're learning in the other threads, be aware that replacing the stereo in an 05-06 Limited is an expensive undertaking. And you will probably want to replace it, given that there is no aux input.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize '07's had the aux input, I thought that came with the '08 freshening.

Not really a deal breaker for me, as my car now doesn't have one, and I seem to be living wihtout it okay. Sure it'd be handy to have, but I'm not going to base my purchase decision on it.

And I'm not one to mess with the stock stereo, so I'll leave whatever is stock in there alone.

I found another that seems to be a better deal, an '08 with 55k on it for 13,500. It's a more basic model, but the strikes against are that it's black (I don't like black cars in general, and think these in particular don't look very good in black), and it's a '08, which means it has the restyled nose, which I don't care for.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That white one looks great except for the smush mark on the front bumper. Modern bumpers are great at deflecting back to normal after an impact. Go see it in person, and open the hood and check that part of the frame to see that there's no real damage to the chassis. Hopefully it's just a low impact scratch.

Other things that come to mind:

-Run a carfax on it. It's not 100% reliable, but is a wise investment for what it could reveal.
-Ask the dealer if they have a history of service records that came with the car. Dealer sales often don't, which worry me.
-See if they'll let you take it for an independent used car inspection at a shop away from the lot.

Also, black cars look horrid 99% of the time, but that one time you wash it, black Outbacks look very striking, especially with tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
They probably traded it to avoid buying tires. Almost all cars are traded in with the origional tires still on the rims. And the 17" tires are not cheap. Looks just like mine. Except mine isn't a limited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Wagondude
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing