Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 2013 OB limited within the next month. Planning on going with white with the warm ivory interior. Does anyone think the Subaru white looks yellow? I don't have one to look at locally...I've seen white cars by some other brands that do have a yellow tint and I don't like them.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
187 Posts
I have a 2012 Pearl White one. I know what you mean by the yellow tint and I don't see it in the Subaru. It's not white white, which I don't like either. I test drove several before buying and saw the white Subie along side other brands and the Subie looks whiter. Obviously I liked it as I bought one. I do wish I could have gotten a darker interior as it shows every little smudge of dirt as my wife said it would. Yeah she was right, but I can live with cleaning more often.

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
The pearl tends to go more to the silver/blue spectrum. I've never seen one go yellow.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,042 Posts
So far my pearl-white OB still looks white to me and whiter than some other white cars. This after 36 K miles in the Florida sun..:29:

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
It doesn't have the yellow hue that Cadillac and Chrysler often put in their white pearl coats. There was a white pearled STS right next to a white Outback at the local lot and the Subaru was definitely more of a "pure" white than the Cadillac.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
My '08 LGT was Satin White Pearl, I believe they use the same color. After 3 years and 88k miles the pearl still looked great and never had a yellow look to it. I've seen some white cars that don't look white. The SWP looks great when it's nice a clean the pearl can shine through. As mentioned, it's a silver/metallic pearl as opposed to a yellow/goldish hue.

I've seen a few new white OB's too and they all look nice and white :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts