Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited, Venetian Red Pearl
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I folded the rear seats down and put the dog in the back, thinking I was protecting the leather from her nails. One minute after leaving home she starts peeing on the seatbacks. I went back home and immediately cleaned up the pee with Odo-ban, followed by an enzymatic cleaner for pet stains. I pulled out the back seat (top and bottom) and cleaned up all the pee but the car still has a faint smell and the seats have a strong smell.

I'd rather not remove the seat covers but I need to get rid of the smell before putting the seats back into the car. Can anyone recommend an leather-safe cleaner that will get rid of the smell? I've read about a hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/dish soap mixture that works, as well as using ammonia/water mixure, but I haven't found any info on it being safe for leather.

It sucks driving around without a back seat and hearing the gas slosh around in the tank - sounds like my dog peeing over and over!

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
347 Posts
Oreck No Return. Use it in the house on rugs and furniture for many years now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oreck No Return. Use it in the house on rugs and furniture for many years now

Have you used it on your leather OB interior?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,005 Posts
Trade the dog for a goat.
Then shoot the goat.
JK

Reactions: Schroeder

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
347 Posts
Have you used it on your leather OB interior?
Good point, you would use it under the leather. I have note used it on anything but fabric and foam.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll check it out. Last night I did a 1:2 mix of white vinegar and water because it neutralizes the ammonia in dog pee. I haven't checked on the seats yet, so fingers crossed.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,077 Posts
I have a ozone generator, $60-75 kind off amazon

worked nice when a mouse was urinating into the head liner, as i never did pull the head liner to get rid of the funky smell, and any bacteria making it.
(just ran it 4 times with the cord through a window taped shut with fancy painters tape)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The vinegar didn't work and neither did just baking soda. I've ordered an ozone generator and it was supposed to be here yesterday but delivery has been postponed until today or tomorrow due to the tropical storm in New England on Tuesday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts