1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Limited
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
495 Posts
Based on a thread in the Ascent forum, I don't believe there are any available that are tested/certified for Subaru at this point, but that could have changed.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
33 Posts
I’ll be watching this thread. This seems to be the product that has the best chance of compatibility:

·
Registered
2020 Outback
349 Posts
I like the idea, and will be keeping an eye on this thread also. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
Green 2020 Touring XT Outback
172 Posts
FYI:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest to our product!

We are happy to let you know that we are now in the process of completing the test of our adapter with Subaru multimedia systems.

The test of our engineering team is still ongoing for your car brand.

No worries! I will let you know right away once we are done with the test.

Thank you,

--

Roxanne
CARPLAY2air.com

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, 2013 Outback Limited 3.6R
573 Posts
I'm interested in this one as well (for Android Auto, it sounds like this covers both, as a data-pipe), perhaps another ping, to the company, would help, maybe they forgot to respond after testing was complete?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I second another ping! With the recent CarPlay screen size fix, wireless CarPlay with my wireless charging would make it almost perfect!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited
608 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/CarPlay/comments/hg6v87/_/fw2pgku Carplay2air is just a rebranded version of Carlinkit which is the actual manufacturer of the dongle. Carlinkit is available from Amazon(including newer usb-c version) and cheaper on aliexpress.com. As of late May, Carlinkit on Amazon responded to customers saying this doesn't work on Subarus.

As for wireless Android Auto, a dev on xda made an app for $1 to get it working cheaply, but it requires an extra phone to work, and a little more complicated.

Reactions: SilverOnyx and kms

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
10 Posts
I did try this one for a week or so:
Carlinkit 2.0 carplay dongle Wired to Wireless activator Adapter for Audi Volvo Benz Porsche Hyundai OEM Stereo with carplay/Support iOS13 Amazon.com: Carlinkit 2.0 carplay dongle Wired to Wireless activator Adapter for Audi Volvo Benz Porsche Hyundai OEM Stereo with carplay/Support iOS13: Car Electronics

It was running fine for aprox 20 minutes, but then image just stuck. Same happens 4-5 times. Also, navigation voice wasn’t working. Music had some distortion from time to time,for me it looks like insufficient bandwidth. also phone battery drains pretty quick. So I return it back after a week of tests.

head unit was running 503 software at that point.

I still think it’s great feature, but solutions is either buggy or not fully compatible with OB. Hope Subaru implement wireless CarPlay in the next software update, since 2020 OB already have all needed hardware.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
495 Posts
Reactions: chvvkumar

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's not just about having those functions in the vehicle...they have to be able to work together in a certain way for CarPlay and AndroidAutio to function wirelessly. It may not be a mere software/firmware change. I'm just saying "don't assume" that they can just upgrade some code to make it work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI, this morning I got the exact (word for word) same message that was posted here 2 months ago: The test of our engineering team is still ongoing...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry,
I thought tge original response said the tests were finalizing. I thought after this time I may have missed the results.. Ill wait to hear from you.
Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited
608 Posts
As for wireless Android Auto, a dev on xda made an app for $1 to get it working cheaply, but it requires an extra phone to work, and a little more complicated.
A dongle is being made for wireless Android Auto by the same xda dev that made AAgateway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts