Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I was wrong in an earlier comment after I first installed the carlinkit-2 device. The Apple Map route directions do not display on the driver dashboard when using the wireless CarPlay like it does when you are plugged in directly via USB. When in wireless mode the driver dashboard only shows the current street name from the on board navigation system. Showing the CarPlay map directions was a feature that was added in the 504 software update when full screen CarPlay was introduced.

Given the route directions are clearly shown on the center console within in the CarPlay UI it is not a big deal but it is a difference.

·
Registered
Crystal White Pearl 2020 Onyx Edition Xt
50 Posts
So I finally received my Cplay2air. I paid $130.00 from their website, plugged it in to the USB and followed the onscreen prompts, works great! I did not check for new updates. I will report back after some more driving around and playing with everything. I love that I just get into my car and CP just comes up. Takes about 20 sec or so to connect but I don't care as long as it does what I need it to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What’s the one you are all getting on Amazon? The white one? There are four to choose from and none mention Subaru, so I don’t want to get the wrong one.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
50 Posts
I don't mean your Outback, but your CarPlay dongle's firmware version. 2020.12.10.1057 is the latest.

You can download the firmware here. Drop the file onto an USB thumb drive (be sure to rename file to U2W_Update.img) and perform the update via USB. Several 2017/2018 Impreza and Crosstrek folks have had luck with 2020.12.10.1057. But as with any of this, do proceed at your own risk.

Good luck.
Does anyone have a link to the latest, greatest firmware for the Carlinkit 2.0?

Just got mine today from Amazon.com. I was finally able to get it connected, but it immediately froze, and then wouldn’t reconnect to the car after shutting off and restarting.
I suspect that the firmware is an older version.

I’ve tried the link in this post, as well as the link from another post In this thread, but they all seem to be dead links.

Thanks for any guidance!

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited
20 Posts
I have the Auto Start Stop Eliminator device to fix that problem. Works perfectly.
just ordered mine (autostop eliminator and the wireless dongle)!

·
Registered
52 Posts

Just got mine today from Amazon.com. I was finally able to get it connected, but it immediately froze, and then wouldn’t reconnect to the car after shutting off and restarting.

I’ve tried the link in this post, as well as the link from another post In this thread, but they all seem to be dead links.

Thanks for any guidance!
It would be a good idea to first identify which firmware revision you are currently on.

1. Plug your dongle into a non-CarPlay USB port (power only); should see a solid red light.
2. Allow the dongle to finish booting (60 seconds to be sure).
3. Manually connect your phone to the dongle's WiFi (e.g. SUBARU-TBD1E, etc.)
4. From the phone's web browser, navigate to: 192.168.50.2
5. If all is working, you should see a status page showing your firmware version. 2020.11.10.2137 is the latest OTA release and has been working well with my 2020 OB.
6. While at it, verify your other settings by clicking on the white circle. My settings for your reference: Sync Mode = Normal, Sound Quality = DVD, Media Delay = 1000.

Good luck.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Thanks for any guidance!
You should be able to update the firmware directly from the device by connecting to it with your phone. the instructions are in the pamphlet that came with the device. When I downloaded that version it is version earlier than the 21/10 version mentioned above but it works just file.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
50 Posts
It would be a good idea to first identify which firmware revision you are currently on.

1. Plug your dongle into a non-CarPlay USB port (power only); should see a solid red light.
2. Allow the dongle to finish booting (60 seconds to be sure).
3. Manually connect your phone to the dongle's WiFi (e.g. SUBARU-TBD1E, etc.)
4. From the phone's web browser, navigate to: 192.168.50.2
5. If all is working, you should see a status page showing your firmware version. 2020.11.10.2137 is the latest OTA release and has been working well with my 2020 OB.
6. While at it, verify your other settings by clicking on the white circle. My settings for your reference: Sync Mode = Normal, Sound Quality = DVD, Media Delay = 1000.

Good luck.
Many thanks @THX723 and @Rsonnens!

When I first browsed the device it seemed to indicate that it was running ver. 2020.11.10.2137. However it also seemed to indicate that there was an update available:

I ran the update which took about 5 minutes, then tried it again in the car and it worked perfectly. Out of curiosity I browsed it again to see what version it had updated to and it still showed ver 2020.11.10.2137:

Or maybe in the first pic it was saying that 2020.11.10.2137 was the update that it was going to apply...? I guess I’m confused. Anyhow, its working great now. Thanks again!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Many thanks @THX723 and @Rsonnens!

When I first browsed the device it seemed to indicate that it was running ver. 2020.11.10.2137. However it also seemed to indicate that there was an update available:

I ran the update which took about 5 minutes, then tried it again in the car and it worked perfectly. Out of curiosity I browsed it again to see what version it had updated to and it still showed ver 2020.11.10.2137:

Or maybe in the first pic it was saying that 2020.11.10.2137 was the update that it was going to apply...? I guess I’m confused. Anyhow, its working great now. Thanks again!
Excellent! Yes, the first screen was stating the new update will be 2020.11.10.2137, so you were on some earlier version. I was very curious to see what version you started out with.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback xt
74 Posts
I just switched to the iPhone full-screen infotainment screen is stunning. I just ordered the wireless adapter directly from their site, only $110, free shipping.\

Reactions: Rsonnens
81 - 94 of 94 Posts