Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I own a prius currently... my wife is pregnant with our second and last child. Im an avid outdoorsman and drive to most destentations.. Snow skiing in the rockies, tetons, east coast and utah. Scuba diving whenever and whereever I can. Currently I have no issues with the Prius.. I keep chains with me in the winter... The problem I am starting to have is space.... The family just took a trip to Minnesota... With my dive gear there was no extra room.... Also on ski trips the car will only fit the gear for two people.. With One on the way this is just not going to work anymore... So I have been rescerching different vehicles and it seems that a Outback will fit the bill.. The problem is I know nothing about them... So the reason im here.. Im going to look for a 2005-2009 outback XT.. I believe that is the turbo model.. What is the reliablity of these vehicles? Any expensive quirks that pop up? is there a certian milage I should seek? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't have the turbo, I only have the H4 2.5L four-cylinder SOHC engine.

Take a good look at the underside of the engine for ANY OIL that is originating from ANYWHERE. Ours has had a small leak since the day we bought it brand-new in 2005. I always wrote it off that the oil filter was dripping, however, I was wrong on that guess. Now the car is off-warranty and the oil problem is MY PROBLEM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Saint J VT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing