Subaru Outback Forums banner

Door Open Chime & The Limited SAP

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  EstateOfMind 
#1 ·
Does anyone that has the Limited + SAP know how to turn off the open door alarm/chime? I believe in my current 2010 OB, all I have to do is remove the key from the ignition and the alarm is disabled. With the SAP, I will technically not have a key and the chime gets annoying very quickly. Any ideas? I will be ordering one on Saturday and this is the only thing that annoys the wife (principle driver).

Thanks in advance for you input.

G-

#6 ·
On page 24 of the 2013 Legacy/Outback Owners Manual has a list of Function Settings. The text reads that these can be set by the dealer. Anyway, there is a matrix of functions that can be adjusted. Next to Keyless Access (Item Keyless Access) > (Function Audible signal) (Possible settings - Operational/Non-operational) > (Default setting - Operational).

Hope that's clear. On our car, the only time I heard the chime was after the car was in the on position then switched off. If I just opened the door and got in there was no chime. Once I switch the car to on, the chime sounds as long as the door is open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.