Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these?
My door panels traditionally tend to take a beating so I'm considering a set.
However, I'm wondering if they actually help hide/repel scuffs or do they just take on the same marks that the door panels would have.
Any thoughts by those who have them are appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5 Premium
19 Posts
Anybody have these?
However, I'm wondering if they actually help hide/repel scuffs or do they just take on the same marks that the door panels would have.
I might be interested in getting these but not interested at $100. They look to be a nice improvement to the car.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I might be interested in getting these but not interested at $100. They look to be a nice improvement to the car.
We can get them for the $76 w free shipping but I'm not sure it is an improvement. If it retains /shows the same scuffing, it has gained nothing. I'd like to think that it is a different/scuff resistant material but can find nothing about them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We can get them for the $76 w free shipping but I'm not sure it is an improvement. If it retains /shows the same scuffing, it has gained nothing. I'd like to think that it is a different/scuff resistant material but can find nothing about them.
What's the code for free shipping?

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,815 Posts
Anybody have these?
I have wanted these (esp seeing how a certain someone in my passenger seat really tends to kick this part of the door, ;) But I have held off for the exact same thought you have - is it an improvement or is it just additional material that will look the same as the door.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cars used to have carpet material on the doors in that area. That would hide scuffs and protect shoes too.
That’s another idea I’ve seen carpet tiles in Home depot they come in 18” squares and 12x36 planks could work out and they are pretty cheap I will check that out I think it’s a a better solution that the leather tape I found.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,815 Posts
I just wanted to point out the part linked above is not for the 2020 outback - in case anyone was confused. The link is for the forester.
The 2020 door protectors are here

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,353 Posts
Personally I would leave it alone. Then down the road if the door panels get scuffed enough to the point it bugs you then put them on to cover up the scuffs. Otherwise I would think the scuff protectors will just get the same marks and look just as bad anyway.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Personally I would leave it alone. Then down the road if the door panels get scuffed enough to the point it bugs you then put them on to cover up the scuffs. Otherwise I would think the scuff protectors will just get the same marks and look just as bad anyway.
There is allot to be said for that school of thought. It also applies to floormatts, pick-up bedliners.......;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sooooo I just ordered them. What the ****. Ill be the tester and report back my findings after they arrive. ;)
Stay tuned!
We look forward to your thoughts. Hopefuly they are made of something tough/scuff resistant.

·
Registered
2019 Outback premium. Tungsten metallic.
284 Posts
Could I interest any of you in a tube of fingerprint remover for door handles? Only $28. for a two week supply.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
155 Posts
And seat covers.

Although good floor mats do more than just keeping the carpeting looking good. Water soaking through to the matting can cause mold and rust.
Floor mats also need to be have the gravel and dirt vacuumed from under them frequently or it wears holes through the floor carpeting.

·
Registered
Green 2020 Touring XT Outback
55 Posts
I bought them. Waiting for a 60 degree day to install them. I think they are supposed to be of a different scuff resistant material but in retrospect that claim seems dubious - why wouldn’t the door have been made of that material? Seems like one of those things that should come standard on the Touring.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 30 Posts