Rallycross Video Clip #1!
Rallycross Video Clip #2!
Rallycross Video Clip #3!

OutBack Legolas
DIY CAI
Borla Header.
Stock Cat
2.25" stainless steel custom midpipe
2.25" out Magnaflow (thanks to Brian's recommendation)

WMV Video Clip!

OMB's
96 OW 2.5

Stock intake
No headers
stock cat section
Custom catback (2 1/2 in.)
Holly, RAPTOR Muffler (he he 20 bucks at checker)

Video hosted @ Streetfire.net

csweston
97 Subaru Legacy Outback, 2.5L N/A
Short-Ram Intake
Borla Replica Headers
2.25 Cat-back
HKS Hi-Power Ti Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95y9vVS9bY

Other Board Members:
Just send me a PM or an email with your links and info and I'll add you to our list!
If you need some place to host your clips, just let me know, I have space available and we could work something out!

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback Limited, 2.5L NA
29 Posts
I like the wagon doing the rallyinmg in the grass.. I have an 01 outback limited sedan and I have the flowmaster 40 series-delta flow on it and it sounds like crap...and I was looking for a complete kit that would sound better and I am liking the stromung but I only see that they have a kit for the outback wagon or the legacy GT. Will the wagon kit fit on my car?? And is it an entire kit (from the catalytic converter pipe all the way to the muffler) or just a muffler??If anyone else has any other sound clips of an NA subaru outback/legacy/impreza let me know, so I can get a good kit.

P.S. the "Outback Legolas" sound clip wouldn't pull up for me?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,194 Posts
From a local shop, you cannot go wrong with Magnaflow. That's what OBLegolas has.

There is a header section (exhaust manifold)
A catalyst section
An intermediate pipe
An axle back

Those are the four components of your exhaust system.

So a cat-back is exactly that, everything after the cat section. Intermediate pipe/axle back.

And a normal upgrade for a 2.5 N/A is to go to a 2.25" diameter pipe.

Now it is time for you to pick what you want. There are many combos out there. Stromung is very expensive, but also the best IMO.

Brian

·
Registered
165 Posts
sorry dudes. i completely glanced over this thread. looks like putfile deleted my video. Steve I emailed you my vid, maybe you can host it for me.

Here are details for the set up on that video:

DIY CAI
Borla Header.
Stock Cat
2.25" stainless steel custom midpipe
2.25" out Magnaflow (thanks to Brian's recommendation)

·
Registered
165 Posts
thanks Green. once i get the new set up and vid i will also send it to you. I also have a video of my girlfriends OBS as well. she too has the same set up and it sounds TOUGH.

·
Registered
02 LMT outback, homemade CAI,hella 500's, piaa 520's,and Borla Header
517 Posts
thanks for getting that video back up! after watching that again. i have decided that that is top of the list right now! amazing.. now LEGO. is the spt as loud/deep? lets get a little compairison.. also that mag. was a flow through right?

·
Registered
165 Posts
the SPT is tame compared to the Magna. theres a burble but without the hi Flo Cat its pretty quiet compared to the vid i have. and yes on the Mag. its a straight through muffler.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Travis. I promised you a sound clip with my new stromung cat. Im a little dissapointed. I want my magnaflow back on at the end. Its not the sound I was going for.

it pulls nicer though =)

anyway here are the specs of this soundclip:

DIY CAI
Borla Header
Stromung HiFlowCat
Stromung 2.25" midpipe no resonator
SPT 2.5 muffler.

VID

·
Registered
165 Posts
brian I redid my whole set up a month ago. on the previous video i have, it had the:

borla header
stock cat converter
custom fabbed 2.25" midpipe
welded on magnaflow dual tip muffler.

the setup sounded great but the whole exhaust looked real bad. it hung too low.the "afraid of ripping out the whole exhaust on a dip"-type low.
so i bought :
a true stromung 2.25" midpipe
and a spt axleback.

then today i added the stromung HFC. I want my burble back so Im going to have a welder make a custom flange on the magnaflow muffler so I can have interchangeable axlebacks. anyway if youre not lost after all that, i want my magnaflow back =)

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,194 Posts
Right. Yeah, I kinda forewarned you (and others!) about the SPT not sounding real aggressive. A good muffler, but as you stated, even a Magnaflow sounds great on a Suby.

Brian

·
Registered
02 LMT outback, homemade CAI,hella 500's, piaa 520's,and Borla Header
517 Posts
hmm sorry i missed this.. ya sounds a little ricey(high pitched) especially compaired to the mag. what rpm's were you getting that to, it seems like it sounds somwhat what im looking for up until the high stuff. just how high was that?

what do you guys think about the mag. turbo mufflers? (there not straight flow throuhg) think that would give a deeper sound but still low?

also what site did you get the cat from?

1 - 20 of 166 Posts