Subaru Outback Forums banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 5MT
71 Posts
I need to get a sound clip soon, but this my set up.

Borla Knock-off UEL headers plus custom 2.25" catback piping to a 2.25" Vibrant streetpower axle back (flat black). I love this set up! Vibrant makes a **** fine product (I had one on my BK). It's nice and deep.
Sorry it took me this long to make this:
YouTube - MrBattlewagon's Channel

·
Registered
'99 Legacy L 30th Wagon. 4EAT, Satin White/Pistachio
139 Posts
Its been forever since I've been on here, busy at school, but I have managed to get a set of Borla UEL knock-offs, and a 2.25" straight-pipe cat-back put on. I'm debating about a muffler though, I love the sound, and so does everybody else. I've even managed to thoroughly impress some die-hard classic muscle fans!

Everything else on the car is stock.

·
Premium Member
09 C63 AMG, The OBS has a new home.
1,443 Posts
Noise Pollution

Its been forever since I've been on here, busy at school, but I have managed to get a set of Borla UEL knock-offs, and a 2.25" straight-pipe cat-back put on. I'm debating about a muffler though, I love the sound, and so does everybody else. I've even managed to thoroughly impress some die-hard classic muscle fans!

Everything else on the car is stock.

YouTube - Subaru Outback Exhaust
This baby is gonna drain you on an all day trip, from the noise alone.....a little sharp for the ears. Course, if you have a set of noise cancelling headsets, would make it just about right. Good luck with the set up.

·
Registered
'99 Legacy L 30th Wagon. 4EAT, Satin White/Pistachio
139 Posts
^^^ Idk if I'm crazy or not, but it doesn't actually bother me, I've been on a few long trips 3+ hours and 8+hours, and I love to hear it. If I get bored of it I just turn on the radio.

·
Registered
2010 3.6R Outback, 19" Wheels, AP Racing Brake Kit
26 Posts
I had Pro Drive exhausts on my spec b and they sounded good - really let the boxer engine show through - and had the same on the previous shape outback too - disappointed by the sound from the 3.6 - anyone know of anything available in the UK to make it sound like there really is an engine there??!!

·
Registered
02 Outback Wagon H4 2.5
24 Posts
Vibrant w/o UEL?

Does anyone have a sound clip of the Vibrant flat back muffler w/ resonator delete but WITHOUT the UEL headers? I'm in need of exhaust for inspection and I'm liking the sound and price of the Vibrant. I cant spring for the UELs just yet but I can manage the custom midpipe. Anyone?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited
2 Posts
Hey guys-

Has anyone done an exhaust for a 3.6R? I'm thinking custom would be the only way to go, but I would appreciate it if anyone had some clips or thoughts on dos/don'ts.

Also, the dual mufflers strike me as heavy and complicated for very little (if any) benefit. What do you guys think about doing a higher flowing, single muffler exhaust for the 3.6?

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Limited
3 Posts
Ok so I just bought a 2008 outback 2.5i limited, how can I get that subaru exhaust sound? It's like music to my ears!

·
Registered
1998 Outback 2.5
186 Posts
Ok so I just bought a 2008 outback 2.5i limited, how can I get that subaru exhaust sound? It's like music to my ears!
Start by reading the rest of this thread :29: and you will learn that an unequal length header and a muffler will do most of the sound you seek.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Limited
3 Posts
Start by reading the rest of this thread :29: and you will learn that an unequal length header and a muffler will do most of the sound you seek.
Thanks! Appreciate the advice! I have been waiting and waiting to get a subie and now that's the first thing I want to do, yah its no wrx, but that'll come soon I'm hoping. But I can work with this.

·
Registered
1997 Outback Legacy GT 2.5
7 Posts
Here's a video of my subaru exhaust. I'm actually not 100% sure what brand or type it is, I found it down at the swap shop one day and loved the sound it gave me.

·
Registered
Carmel Bronze Outback Premium 2.5 CVT
46 Posts
Bolt on

Maybe this is not the place for this post but here goes. My new Outback Premium has a single exhaust, the muffler is tucked up behind the bumper and a SS tip is nearly impossible. So without going to a cat back, are ther any 'sport' mufflers (Borla, Cobb,???) that would bolt on to the stock flange that the OEM muffler bolts to? I suspect all the suppliers want to sell a complete cat back system and also maybe use the old slip joint connection (U bolt) so a muffler would be cross-platform because the flange would be missing. did not start looking for a more 'sexy' sound all I wanted was to finish the rear of the Outback. But since I have started I may go deeper and go cat back. Thoughts, please. Jerry

·
Registered
RIP 1996 2.2 Outback
89 Posts
No cats, glasspack.

It already seems to have the subie *thrum thrum* but needs some base. I think with a decent muffler it should sound awesome. Right now it's just too raspy and flat out LOUD.

·
Registered
2001 outback, stock for now, low beam high beam i got 8k hids and fogs 3k hids.
34 Posts
Quick question, if I take out the resinators will it get more raspy? or will a new one make it less raspy?

·
Registered
1997 Outback Sport
9 Posts
Hey guys, first time posting here. Hopefully this is the right place to ask.

I want to replace the stock muffler with a magnaflow. My question is would I ever really use that sound dampener that some come with? I want that nice rumble, but honestly don't want it too loud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Magnaflows installed

Hi Guys,

I have been thinking about installing some different mufflers on my 2011 Outback 3.6L, and after reading this thread and listening to a bunch of sound clips from the muffler makers, I went with 6X9 oval Magnaflows. I had a feeling the H6 would sound pretty smooth and I'm was not disappointed. The Magnaflows deepen the tone at idle and when accelerating, but are hardly noticed inside at constant RPM cruising. The WAF is high too - she likes them!

Jeff

121 - 140 of 166 Posts