Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I both had the Draw-Tite 75673 installed on our OB outbacks. They work great. A note to buyers, however, be careful when selecting your ball mount. I'd recommend one no shorter than 8.25" in length. That's the size I used (really worrying more about the 2" rise I needed) and it gives me only about an inch between the ball and the bumper once I put on the trailer. My husband's hitch must have been installed slightly closer to the rear of the vehicle as he has a bit more room, but not much. That leads me to my second note. If having a mechanic install it, let them know to have it installed as close to the rear of the vehicle as they safely and reasonably can. A careless inch or two here and you'll have trouble finding the right ball mount. For me, there are lot's of longer sizes than 8.25" but finding a true 2" rise in something longer has proven a challenge thus far. Apparently Curt likes to 'round' to 2" but many are more like 2.5. eTrailer.com videos give the actual sizes and it's been helpful. The good news is that if you want something that doesn't show, this is very discreet once you remove the ball mount & ball. The hitch isn't invisible, but it's tucked way back.

Anyway, I hope this helps trailer hitch buyers.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts