Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the driver door panel on a 2020? Wondering if anyone has any pointers.

I have an occasional rattle in the door when going over bumps. (Sometimes it sounds like it’s coming from the speaker area. Other times it sounds like it’s from higher up, closer to the glass.) I’m confident that the dealer won’t have a clue how to fix it, so I’m trying to fix it on my own (as I have with my rear middle seatbelt and dashboard rattles.)

I imagine that it’s probably just a screw in the inside door handle and clips around the outer perimeter. However, any tips or pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a great tutorial. He too was on a mission to quiet squeaks and rattles. Go figure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone removed the driver door panel on a 2020? Wondering if anyone has any pointers.

I have an occasional rattle in the door when going over bumps. (Sometimes it sounds like it’s coming from the speaker area. Other times it sounds like it’s from higher up, closer to the glass.) I’m confident that the dealer won’t have a clue how to fix it, so I’m trying to fix it on my own (as I have with my rear middle seatbelt and dashboard rattles.)

I imagine that it’s probably just a screw in the inside door handle and clips around the outer perimeter. However, any tips or pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!
My 2011 Outback does the same. Kind of a vibration. Times I think its the plastic guards under door, then in drivers door around speaker area but noise seems to go away as you pick up speed.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,976 Posts
There have been few if any ( I'm thinking none really) discussions here on door rattles. There have been several threads on rattles that originate in the side dash heater vents and in the A pillar covers. A search may save you some unnecessary work.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
933 Posts
I have had a very slight sound from the driver door area (on my 2020, about 1 year old now). Not a rattle, but more of a slight "buzzing"-type vibration. What was interesting is that if I had my left elbow resting on the driver door armrest (even lightly resting on it), then the buzzing sound was gone. Lift up my elbow, and it might reappear. It also depended a bit on the road surface.

But now that I am thinking about it, I haven't heard it in quite a while, even with my elbow not on the arm rest. It seems like it has just gone away....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts