Subaru Outback Forums banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5L with Eyesight
12 Posts
I had no squeak problem with the Driver's Seat of my 2018 Outback Limited until its 18 month servicing was performed by the dealer from whom I had purchased it. That was on 09 July 2019. Mileage was 10,435. Immediately afterward there were very annoying squeaks at the start of acceleration and breaking, and the start of left and right turns. I've been the only driver except for dealer personnel and Ziebart techs. I'm 5' 8 1/2" and 210 lbs.

I took it back to the dealer on 08 January 2020 for its 24 Month Servicing. Mileage was 14,549. I told the Service Advisor about the squeaks having started as a result of the 18 Month Servicing. He played DUMB, like he never heard of such a problem before. He said to mention it at the 30 month service visit if it is still squeaking.

It seems that the dealer wants to run out the clock on the warranty.

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
644 Posts
I've had the seat squeak fixed twice now. While the seat doesn't squeak anymore I noticed my left butt cheek feeling a pinching sensation. I was thinking that they didn't put the foam back in correctly. But when I looked at the seat I saw a bunch of cracks in the leather seat bottom running front to back. I brought it in and they're going to order another seat bottom cover or cushion. Has anybody else had their seat crack on them?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I've had the seat squeak fixed twice now. While the seat doesn't squeak anymore I noticed my left butt cheek feeling a pinching sensation. I was thinking that they didn't put the foam back in correctly. But when I looked at the seat I saw a bunch of cracks in the leather seat bottom running front to back. I brought it in and they're going to order another seat bottom cover or cushion. Has anybody else had their seat crack on them?
there are a lot of those threads.... (here are some, there are more...)

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
644 Posts
there are a lot of those threads.... (here are some, there are more...)

Wow, I was hoping this was just bad luck but I guess not. Matter of fact Jmah88 has had the same problem I now do. Our left side driver's seat bolster is cracked. Well the dealer contacted me that the part is in and to schedule an appointment to have it repaired. I hope I have better luck with the replacement.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5l
5 Posts
So my 2018 Outback driver's seat started creaking/squeaking like a spring mattress despite having only 7.5k miles.
I've been to the dealership 4 times for the past month to fix a check engine light that keeps coming back on and now I have to deal with this very annoying noise that is driving me crazy.
Quite frankly, I expected much more from Subaru as far as quality is concerned and I wonder whether buying this car was a good decision.

·
Registered
2016, OB, 3.6R, Limited, Crystal White Pearl
19 Posts
So my 2018 Outback driver's seat started creaking/squeaking like a spring mattress despite having only 7.5k miles.
I've been to the dealership 4 times for the past month to fix a check engine light that keeps coming back on and now I have to deal with this very annoying noise that is driving me crazy.
Quite frankly, I expected much more from Subaru as far as quality is concerned and I wonder whether buying this car was a good decision.
Don't give up on your car. The Outback is the best car I've ever owned. All cars have their problems but if you look at the big picture you will realize what a great car you have. By the way, I love the color on your Outback!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Someone on this forum also posted a fix for the squeaky seat problem, takes about 5 minutes....

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5l
5 Posts
Don't give up on your car. The Outback is the best car I've ever owned. All cars have their problems but if you look at the big picture you will realize what a great car you have. By the way, I love the color on your Outback!
Thank you! I requested a fix as per the TSB 12-253-18 so let's see what happens.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i and a 2018 3.6R
69 Posts
Amazing. All of these dealer trips and failed repairs when you can fix this at home in 5 minutes with a shot of lithium grease. It did this roughly a year ago and the squeak is still gone. Why make this a big deal when it is an easy DIY repair?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There ya go! I knew something was out there. Question? Is it possible to explain or post a picture of the exact spot you greased? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
There ya go! I knew something was out there. Question? Is it possible to explain or post a picture of the exact spot you greased? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

441 - 455 of 455 Posts