Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a newbie to this forum. I am the original owner of a Subaru Outback 2.5 2007 (about 120k miles and going). I do all regular maintenance on my own, including engine oil changes, tranny oil change and a brake pad replacement. So not exactly full throttle DIYer, but getting there.

For the past one year, I have been having trouble with the driver side door lock not responding to remote lock/unlock commands - I could use the key to lock/unlock, but not using the remote. I did some googling to figure out the actuator is shot, so I ordered one off of amazon, and watched some youtube vids on how to remove the door panel, and got to work. It has been a long journey though, longer than I had hoped :frown2:.

Without going into too much details on how I got here, this is where I am - I have the latch/actuator assembly removed and repaired, ready to go back in. The problem is - the window track is in the way. For removing the assembly, I was able to apply some force and wiggle it out, but I think I cannot go back in the same way, I will need to remove the track. I have removed the bottom nut and the pair of nuts on the top that I think hold the track in place, and I see the track is wiggling freely now, but due to the way the bolts are setup, it will not come out without some more elbox grease...which is what I need some opinion on, especially since getting things back is already proving difficult in this project :frown2:.

I will link a video in the next post on this thread, hopefully that gives some idea on where I am stuck.

Gurus - I need help on this, want to avoid facing the embarrassment of having to take the car in this shape to the dealer or some other shop, only to be laughed and charged stupid amounts of money.

Plz let me know if any further info/pics/vids are needed, I will post asap.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2006 Subaru OUtback XT
88 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts