Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. First the situation, then the question.

Situation: the driver door auto window on my '15 OB no longer works right. Whether I am pushing past the detent or not, the window only goes up an inch at a time the stops. to get the window up, I have to pull the switch many times since it only moves an inch or so at a time. Before it would work properly. It will also no longer do auto down. If I don't push past the detent, it will do down smoothly. But no the same coming up.

Questions:
* Is this a switch issue for me?
* Are there threads about this (could not find any)
* Suggestions for DIY repair/replace?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
Hey gang. First the situation, then the question.

Situation: the driver door auto window on my '15 OB no longer works right. Whether I am pushing past the detent or not, the window only goes up an inch at a time the stops. to get the window up, I have to pull the switch many times since it only moves an inch or so at a time. Before it would work properly. It will also no longer do auto down. If I don't push past the detent, it will do down smoothly. But no the same coming up.

Questions:
* Is this a switch issue for me?
* Are there threads about this (could not find any)
* Suggestions for DIY repair/replace?

Thanks so much!
There are threads on this, yes. The owners manual covers it completely, as does a google search.

This link may help: LMGTFY

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone. You're right. It was easy to fix and re-callaborate. Thanks for enduring my stupidity as I learn this stuff. Much appreciation to everyone.

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
There are threads on this, yes. The owners manual covers it completely, as does a google search.

This link may help: LMGTFY

Makes you wonder why Suabru even bothers publishing manuals when so many are too lazy to read them. Lots of valuable knowledge to be gained from them.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring
378 Posts
The two or three or four that came with the 2018 we picked up last night are as thick and dense as college textbooks. I don't blame somebody for not reading the darn things, especially for something as unusual as "My window switch isn't working right."

And I'm somebody who used to LIKE manuals...

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6 Ltd Red/ES,20 mm RSB
355 Posts
The two or three or four that came with the 2018 we picked up last night are as thick and dense as college textbooks. I don't blame somebody for not reading the darn things, especially for something as unusual as "My window switch isn't working right."

And I'm somebody who used to LIKE manuals...

Why don't you download user manuals. They are easier to search Vehicle Resources | Subaru of America

1 - 8 of 8 Posts